Director of Medical Operations
Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for an experienced Director of Medical Operations to join our team.
We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind — they’re warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
The Director of Medical Operations will help support daily medical operations across all our clinics, in addition to implementing strategic projects. This role will be a core part of our medical team, and will help implement needle-moving initiatives. Examples of projects include rolling out new training initiatives across clinics, new medical processes rollout, new clinic launch and ramp, and improving appointment and surgery flow.
This role will have access to all levels of the organization, and is critical for positioning our team for growth in the coming months. The role is based in New York City, and will spend time in our HQ office and across clinics. Some travel may be required as we launch new markets in the coming year.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, enhance, and execute on a medical operational plan, which includes in-clinic processes, team-member engagement, development and utilization.
- Assist in the launch of several new clinics in NYC.
- Work closely with our medical team to influence growth strategy.
- Develop high standards for execution to meet all KPIs & financial metrics while supporting your team in achieving daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals.
- Identify performance opportunities and drive unit economics.
- Develop scalable medical operational plans for our fast growth in NYC and across the country.
- Identify and hire best-in-class team members.
- Be a leader throughout the organization by mentoring and supporting team members throughout their Bond Vet careers.
- Underpin a strong pet health and client experience by creating a strong foundation for our clients and our team.
- 7+ years experience of medical operations experience within the veterinary or healthcare industry.
- A demonstrated track record of leading teams of diverse skill sets and obtaining alignment.
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives; strong project management skills to meet deadlines and gain adoption.
- Effective decision making and interpersonal skills; direct experience managing independent workstreams.
- A collaborative mindset.
You'll fit in if:
- You’re an animal lover.
- You’re a team player.
- You’re analytical and are driven by insights gleaned from data.
- You’re a hands-on leader who can bring a vision to life.
- You have intellectual curiosity when exploring issues.
- You don’t shy away from a thoughtful debate.
- You communicate clearly.
- You learn from your mistakes.
- You’re resourceful.
- We’re obsessed with pets. The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
- We work as a team. We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together — our team, pet owners, and the animal — and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
- We communicate clearly. We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
- We work happy. We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
- We’re empowered. We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
Our Promise to You
- We trust you. This is not a place where we micromanage. We took a tip from Steve Jobs: “It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” We hire smart people and give them ownership.
- We offer great benefits (team-based bonuses, fantastic health, dental, and vision coverage, a One Medical membership, 16 week parental leave, continuing education, etc.). We don’t skimp here.
- Mentorship is our priority — our team members are never alone, and we tackle challenges and questions together.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we — let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.