Director of Events
We’re looking for a senior Events leader to join the Vimeo marketing team. In this role, you will oversee the events team in the development and execution of our entire range of public-facing events. This includes major, video-focused trade shows like NAB and IBC, in addition to our activations at major film festivals (Sundance, Toronto, Cannes) and a wide range of technology, marketing, business, and video conferences.
The Director of Events will jump in, roll up their sleeves, and get into the work — concepting, executing, producing and tracking — every day. The perfect candidate has experience with a wide range of domestic and international shows/conferences, and should be acclimated to coordinating with a wide range of internal stakeholders. Must be comfortable and have experience handling significant budgets for individual events, including partnering with external agencies, production companies, and event organizers in order to deliver on time and on budget for each event.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manage the Events team, and work closely with department and creative leads, keeping them on track and delivering on-schedule
- Define and strengthen the beloved Vimeo brand, and enable the world’s creators to tell even more amazing stories
- Install an event production process that allows for you and your team to do their best work, and increase Vimeo’s brand value
- Regularly report on event performance, presenting high-level metrics and takeaways to senior leadership
- Collaborate daily with teams across Vimeo, including Marketing, Product, Engineering, Community, Biz Dev, and beyond
- Be a nice human :)
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of experience leading an events team for a brand (or multiple brands) in-house or at an agency
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Google Slides, and Splash
- Proven skills in balancing strategic outlook and day-to-day execution
- Stellar communication skills
- Availability for international travel and events outside of traditional work hours
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories, and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 70 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.