The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
As the Director of Enterprise Sales you’ll lead a team of Enterprise Account Executives who work to bring the best brands in the world on to The Muse. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our company, help redefine the way companies hire, and execute our enterprise revenue growth strategy. This position reports to the SVP of Revenue.
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll lead a team of quota-bearing enterprise account executives who are focused on driving new business revenue and work with clients like WeWork, Blackrock, Chick-fil-A, and Johnson & Johnson
- You’ll take a hands-on approach to coaching and development, getting involved in the development of sales, providing guidance when needed, and being a level-up option as deals gets further into the sales cycle
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of The Muse products and services, our value proposition, clients, and the competitive landscape
- You’ll exceed quarterly and annual revenue objectives
- You’ll design a repeatable and scalable sales process and leverage data to make informed decisions, for the team and individuals, on market opportunities and managing the business more effectively
- You’ll work with the content and product teams to help refine and develop the enterprise product and scale it to new customers and new business needs
- You’ll work closely with the marketing team to generate more inbound interest and position us properly within the enterprise market
Why we’ll love you
- You have 7+ years of successful enterprise sales experience, including 2+ years in a sales management role driving new business sales
- You’re passionate about scaling and mentoring a growing enterprise team
- You know how to motivate a team to hit revenue goals and can clearly articulate a vision for the team to follow
- You have experience developing successful sales processes and playbooks
- You have successfully managed complex negotiations with Fortune 1000 companies and know what it takes to develop and expand those relationships over time
- You have a strong executive presence
- You have exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills
- You're able to travel as needed and have experience working with remote teams
Why you'll love us
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.