JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Director is responsible for the conversion, engagement and loyalty of The Wing member population. You will architect a vision for the member experience – grounded in connections and community building – and inspire teams cross-functionally to execute against that vision.
More specifically, you’ll develop cohesive member journey campaigns, strategically using data to drive member engagement and retention. You’ll partner closely with our strategy, operations, marketing and product teams to implement end-to-end retention strategies, ensuring we can delight our members across their entire membership journey. The ideal candidate has deep experience with multi-channel retention marketing campaigns, as well as a deep expertise in executing those strategies in real life and also using CRM and e-mail marketing as tools. If you love to turn unique customer insights into engaging retention strategies that drive member experience and immediate impact to the business, this role could be for you!
Member Feedback & Insights:
In partnership with our Strategy team, build an understanding of The Wing's core customers and the value proposition for them. Work cross-functionally with key data and analytics stakeholders, including our Member Insights Manager and Sr Manager of Data + Analytics, to improve our data collection tools and mine the appropriate insights from our data to turn into retention strategies. Help define the metrics to be used to measure success in retention (e.g. churn rate and LTV, but also leading indicators of customer churn and customer health, such as NPS). Leverage member data & stories to establish a company-wide understanding of the member. Help create sustainable member feedback and engagement loops in partnership with the Member Services team across channels (including text, chat, social). Find scalable ways to involve space-level employees in member communications. Roll-out synthesized and actionable member feedback reporting for field and HQ stakeholders.
Personalized Member Journey Mapping:
Optimize the prospective member application process, to drive higher conversion rates of accepted The Wing members. From there, define the ideal member journeys by customer segment, across all channels and touch-points, including programmatic loyalty and referral strategies.
Scaleable Engagement Program Design & Implementation:
Lead and partner with execution teams (e.g. digital product, programming, CRM marketing, etc.) to design, execute, measure and improve programs to drive member retention and evangelism. Ensure cross-channel retention strategies and digital communications will work cross-functionally with IRL member experiences in our spaces.
In particular, define the essence of - and build tactics and solutions - that ensure high-quality member connections and community building. (For example, create and implement innovative omni-channel strategies to provide our members with compelling roles and responsibilities to build The Wing’s community and member connections.)
In partnership with product team, ensure technology solutions are developed to scale member segmentation and engagement effectively, including: CRM, email service provider, customer service platform. Drive innovation and improved automation across key member touch-points, including marketing channels like email, our mobile app, and the in-space member experience.
Specifically lead the team responsible for membership selection/approval and retention/engagement digital marketing execution.
- 6-8 years prior customer retention experience, with a focus on membership or subscription businesses preferred
- Experience building communications programs through CRM or marketing automation systems (Braze Preferred)
- Problem Solver, able to review multiple data points, focus on what's most important, identify trends, get to the bottom of problems, and solve problems with sustainable solutions
- Ability to set a vision, standards and success metrics to drive results through high-functioning team; strong instinct and ability to coach and drive behavior change in others
- Focused on execution and driving outcomes with others; understands cross-functional interdependencies and has strong ability to prioritize, project manage and drive team and organization to specific and measurable results
- Strong ability to listen, understand competing priorities and points of view, and influence decision making to drive necessary and desired outcome
- Constantly focused on the member and her needs, big and small
- Deep customer metric knowledge; specifically around NPS, LTV, and frequency