The Mission of the Data Science team at Prognos is to build an AI solution that beats the MD at predicting disease. We are working to develop, scale and deploy Machine Learning throughout all of our products and services. We are looking for a Director of Data Science for Life Sciences to join the team and help us solve complex problems related to deploying AI on top of the largest, richest lab dataset in the country: 20B clinical records on over 200M patients.
Candidates must have a Master's or higher degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or other quantitative field, with at least seven years of experience in the fields of Data Science or Applied Machine Learning.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills. Experience presenting experimental findings to people who are not Data Scientists or ML experts
- Experience managing and conveying direction to highly technical teams and organizations
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with various collaborators across the company, and take ownership of data science projects and proof of concepts
- Strong statistical data analysis background and a deep understanding and proven experience on a variety of machine intelligence algorithms and techniques, and their applicability to real world problems
- Thorough understanding of experimental practices, error analysis, and evaluation approaches
- Ability to collaborate with the team and translate existing research into practical solutions and products
- Ability to manage multiple technical projects
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to clients
- Experiencing managing and working with project consulting services
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with cloud-based services such as AWS, using massive SQL and NoSQL databases such as S3 and MongoDB
- Familiarity with deep learning models and NLP, and with machine intelligence frameworks such as TensorFlow/PyTorch and Spark MLlib
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Experience with healthcare data a plus
- Experience working with remote teams
Prognos Values & Culture:
- We are collaborative. We put team trust and energy ahead of individual stardom. We are humble and willing to admit when wrong.
- We go above and beyond. We exceed the needs of our partners and are not limited by our job descriptions. We are accountable for our actions, work, decisions, and results.
- We are purposeful in all that we do. We focus on what matters and prioritize. We think in perspective and see the full picture.
- We are curious. We learn from solving big problems. We are never satisfied and always strive for a better way. We aim to continually develop ourselves.
- We are courageous and honest. We are not afraid to speak out. We challenge the process. We deal with conflict head on.
- We are enthusiastic. We are optimistic for change and a better future. We believe in the greater good. We celebrate accomplishments and have fun.
Prognos is a healthcare AI company focused on eradicating disease by driving decisions earlier in healthcare in collaboration with payers, Life Sciences and diagnostics companies. The Prognos Registry is the largest source of clinical diagnostics information in over 30 disease areas, with over 15B medical records for 180M patients. Prognos has 500 extensive proprietary and learning clinical algorithms to enable earlier patient identification for enhanced treatment decision-making, risk management and quality improvement. The company is supported by a $23M investment from Safeguard Scientifics, Inc. (NYSE:SFE) and Merck Global Health Innovation Fund (GHIF). For more information, visit www.prognos.ai.
To improve health by driving the best actions learned from the world's data
To prevail over disease and empower people everywhere to live life to the fullest
- Flexible work arrangements and unlimited PTO
- Some of our benefits include: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Dental, Vision, 401k, HSA, FSA, Dependent care flexible spending, commuter benefits, free access to One Medical Group, Gym discounts, flexible work hours and locations, access to the WeWork network, a Health Advocate, Employee Stock Option Plan, and more