Chartbeat's software helps the world’s leading media companies understand, measure, and optimize the attention earned by their content. Our products are used by over 80% of the world’s top publishers, and we measure tens of billions of pageviews each month and nearly 100 million articles per year. This makes for a deeply rich dataset to collect, transform, and analyze in order to realize our mission of helping quality content thrive.
THE TEAM + YOU
As a company that makes data products, our data science team is integral to our success. We are focused on building scalable solutions for helping our customers capitalize on our data and internal teams make decisions informed by data. As the leader of this team, your job will be to orient the team toward maximal impact, working across the company to identify places where data science can contribute and helping guide selected projects toward success. You’ll be managing a small team of exceptionally talented data scientists, sitting on our technology leadership team.
To Be Successful
- 5+ years of experience working as a professional data scientist
- Experience deploying data science in production and opinions on the best tools and techniques to do so
- Enough experience with data engineering to partner with our engineering teams on building new data sources
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A healthy dose of excitement about translating abstract business problems into tractable data science problems
- Strong interest in building a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative team environment
- Experience with, and interest in, managing people and/or projects
- All of our systems are hosted on AWS
- We code in Python, with Clojure, Java, C++, and Lua as needed.
- Our data backbone is Kafka
- Raw data is stored in Parquet in S3, with Redshift and other Postgres derivatives forming the majority of our database layer.