With more than 130,000 employees to support, the Human Resources function at Macy's is incredibly broad – which means outstanding opportunity to design your own HR career in everything from compensation and benefits to associate relations and talent acquisition. Not ready to specialize? HR generalist roles are available as well, in locations nationwide.
The Director, Compensation COE is responsible for providing leadership and vision for compensation strategies in support of business and talent strategies focused on professional roles within Macy's Brand, Corporate functions and/or Bloomingdale's Inc. The Director, Compensation COE will need to be comfortable functioning at both a macro and micro level on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will display upward mobility in moving into higher and more complex roles within compensation and contribute to the overall HR leadership bench.
This role is responsible for development of strategies and programs that reward performance and effectively attract, retain and motivate talented colleagues. The Director, Compensation COE will establish and maximize effective relationships with wide range of business partners, including HR Business Partners, Talent, Rewards Delivery, Finance, Legal, Labor Relations, Corporate Communication, etc. on compensation and other related matters. This role will also oversee complex analysis to assess current state and modeling for recommendations that impact the enterprise and support a market competitive position. Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is based in New York, NY.
- Provide leadership, development, coaching and feedback to a team of Compensation COE colleagues.
- Function with an agile mindset and display strong leadership through all phases of initiative development (ideation, planning and execution).
- Provide direction and leadership to design, develop and implement innovative compensation programs that align with business and talent strategies and market practices.
- Translate complex work into easy to understand programs to motivate and reward colleagues.
- Lead the evaluation of market analysis and competitiveness; develop program recommendations; oversee analysis to provide insight to financial projections/impacts and ROI.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to provide compensation related guidance and education to HR and other business partners; develop strategic compensation solutions to address unique situations and determine enterprise impact/application; provide expertise for policy development and interpretation.
- Partner with Compensation Delivery team on various comp allocation processes and administration.
- Stay current on compensation trends, issues, regulations, and compliance items to inform program design and identify possible impacts to enterprise.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's degree in field that supports job responsibilities and 10+ years of experience in compensation, HR, finance, etc. required.
- Strong strategic skills with in-depth compensation experience supporting non-exempt population distributed across the country.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills to address all levels.
- Ability to make the complex understandable and actionable.
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills.
- Must have excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of profitability and statistical inference, algebra and geometry to practical situations.
- Ability to calculate interest, discounts, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Advanced data visualization and analysis skills to identify opportunities.
- Must be able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Resilient leader with ability to lead and develop high performing teams.
- Support and drive workplace culture.
- Ability to drive and lead change; maintain a holistic enterprise focus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment