Permanent position: A global leader in consulting, engineering, and commissioning services is seeking a Senior Cabling Systems Consultant to join their New York team. This role will support the engineering of systems for a variety of projects while working closely with clients, client reps, architects and MEP engineers in creating designs for all kind of spaces including Critical Facilities, Corporate Interiors, Sports & Entertainment, Healthcare Facilities, Airports and educational facilities throughout the country.
Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
- Work closely with senior and supervising engineers to develop everything from basis of designs through construction documents, including creating design criteria, performing calculations and laying out highly technical IT spaces
- Partner with the firm's engineering teams in the development of construction documents for the procurement and installation of IT systems; including CAD and Revit drawings and book specifications
- Create basic designs under the direction of the senior engineer and/or senior designer, develop specifications, system narratives and system layouts for a variety of projects and project sizes
- Assist with bid analysis and leveling activities as well as QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) review on structured cabling projects led by other engineers
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Assist Senior Engineer in preparation of due diligence, feasibility, gap analysis and other technical reports and drawings
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Bachelor Degree from accredited university in Engineering or Technical discipline or equivalent relevant work experience
- 4 to 7 years of design experience in a variety of markets including critical facilities (data centers, call centers, trading floors, etc.), healthcare, aviation, sports and entertainment, corporate interiors, and educational facilities
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required
- Experience in Revit is preferred
- Experience with other technology systems such as audiovisual and security is a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance401(k) retirement plan with employer matchingRoth 401(k) OptionIndividual and Dependent Life InsuranceShort- and Long-Term DisabilityHealth Wellness ProgramsTuition ReimbursementTraining and professional development coursesProfessional development incentive bonusesA Generous Personal Time Off Program (PTO)Opportunities for community outreach through internal networksFlexible summer work schedulesMuch More!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
calculations, equipment selection, equipment specification, system design, system layout, field investigation, construction administration, consulting services, due diligence reports, gap analyses, feasibility reports, design standards, specifications, proposals, administering project contracts, add service agreements, business development, trade organizations, presentations, project budgets/schedules, qa/qc process, staff resource management, client satisfaction, project efficiency, pe, electrical systems, federal projects, healthcare, commercial, mission critical, leed ap accreditation, voltage experience, mep, autocad