OUR MISSION: Our mission is to inspire and empower all young people to take control of their future.
OUR VISION: We envision a world where everyone has access to an equitable path to success.
PROGRAM DESIGN: RTS facilitates a variety of youth programs including after-school, summer camps, retreats, conferences and summer employment opportunities reaching thousands of young people throughout NYC each year. RTS emphasizes the youth development practice of the Circle of Courage in all our programs; creating an environment of Belonging, where young people can build their Independence, find and develop their Mastery skill, and practice Generosity in their communities. At the core of our programs are staff training strategies that enable our young professionals to develop extraordinarily meaningful relationships with the young people in their care who we call Our Future Leaders because that is what they all are.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: An Instructor teaches participants their field of interest such as art, sports, performing arts, etc. Instructors are expected to incorporate their field of interest and academics into their lessons
- Supervisor: Education Specialist
- Max Hours: 16 per week (09/12/2022 06/16/2023)
- Days: 2 5 per week, Monday Friday (2:00 6:00pm) varies per site
- Location: Brooklyn, Manhattan, and/or the Bronx
- Compensation: $20 $25 per hour
- Facilitate in-person or virtual instructional activities surrounding your field.
- Creatively incorporate academics into the lesson plans.
- Plan and submit bi-weekly lesson plans to Education Specialist for approval.
- Must have time management and organizational skills in a classroom setting.
- Work collaboratively with staff to maintain order and participation during program.
- Attend mandatory scheduled meetings and professional development trainings.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as requested by the Site Director.
- A degree or certification in your field of interest.
- At least one year of experience working in school age programs.
- At least one year of experience in lesson planning.
- At least three years of experience teaching in your field of interest.
- Strong skills in communication, punctuality, and facilitation.