Your role within the company:
Hudson Yards is currently seeking an Experience Ambassador who will be responsible for the being the primary point of contact for visitors as they interact with the attractions at Hudson Yards. Reporting directly to the Assistant Manager of Operations, the Experience Ambassador will also be responsible for creating a positive environment for the general public. Successful candidates set the stage for the visit by welcoming and engaging with visitors, enthusiastically promoting all Hudson Yards experiences and its services in a professional and positive demeanor.
Ideal candidates will bring customer service enthusiasm, excellent communication and listening skills, an interest in destination experiences, and attention to detail. Ambassadors are responsible for prioritizing the experience in all actions to give our guests a world-class encounter with Hudson Yards and New York City.
- Be a single point of contact for visitors, providing information about programs and services in all aspects of Hudson Yards, including special events, exhibitions, and programmatic offerings.
- Oversight of guest queues while actively promoting Hudson Yards Experiences, experiential packages, merchandise, restaurant services, and the entire campus.
- Process onsite merchandise sales; manage product inventory and kiosk integrity.
- Communicate and uphold Related and Hudson Yards policies.
- Resolve customer service issues by exercising discretion and using independent judgement while delivering a world-class customer experience.
- Support all areas of attractions and public space of the experiences as directed.
- 2+ years customer service and/or retail experience required.
- Friendly, welcoming, and warm demeanor towards colleagues and guests.
- Ability to demonstrate strong guest-focused engagement.
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and take when appropriate.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and meet Hudson Yards grooming guidelines.
- Resilient and able to handle high-pressure situation without burning out.
- Ability to stand and climb stairs for the duration of the shift and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of the City of New York and the local neighborhood.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and verbal. Must possess the ability to exercise good judgement in ambiguous circumstances.
- Strong self-motivation and drive with demonstrable initiative.
- Experience working in customer service in a large 1m
• visitor attraction preferred.Able to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
Benefits and Features
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Overview of Department/Company:
Hudson Yards has become the cultural center of Manhattan's New West Side. A template for the future of cities, this new neighborhood has not only changed the way New York looks to the world, but the way the world sees New York. Be a part in shaping one of a kind experiences at New York's newest neighborhood by joining our team at Vessel and Edge. We are looking for individuals passionate about unforgettable experiences in the world of thrill and design.
- Vessel is a new kind of public landmark. Engaging and interactive, the centerpiece of the Public Square and Gardens is meant to be climbed and explored with others.
- Edge is the highest man-made outdoor viewing area in the western hemisphere, Edge offers a sky high view of New York from a hundred stories up.
We offer flexible work schedules, competitive compensation and benefits, opportunities for growth and development and the ability to create entertainment experiences that move and engage people to see New York in a whole new way.