Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Corporate & Institutional Solutions (CIS) is a division within Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, comprised of Morgan Stanley at Work; Virtual Client Advisor; Strategic Client Management; Teaming, Partnering and Reinvestment Network; CIS Marketing; WM Marketing; and WM Strategy. The overall goal and vision of Corporate and Institutional Solutions is to create a corporate experience and a consistent corporate employee (“participant”) experience and to engage them throughout their financial life journey that will ultimately lead to a the engagement of those employees in a Morgan Stanley Wealth Management relationship. Our approach will be highly scalable, leveraging an omni-channel strategy with an emphasis on messaging, onboarding, cross-selling, activation and servicing. Our goal will be to drive growth across all client segments, including the Mass-Affluent, with new digital and human capabilities.
The Program Management Office within CIS provides governance across the portfolio. Program and project managers are assigned to key strategic initiatives and collaborate with their business stakeholders to deliver against firm goals.
As a member of the Program Management Office, this individual will provide program management support for select strategic initiatives. This role will coordinate across a multi-disciplinary team with a key focus on program delivery, risk monitoring, scope management, budgetary tracking and management reporting.
Key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Build tailored project plans and project governance frameworks to meet the needs of each unique project
- Working with all functional disciplines impacted by the project to ensure ‘end to end’ planning is comprehensive and results in a project plan that will achieve stated goals of project
- Provide transparency to stakeholders into progress towards project goals
- Ensure comprehensive documentation of requirements, assumptions, changes in scope etc. associated with project and establish an audit trail to demonstrate these activities have been addressed
- Provide mechanisms to capture & monitor remediation of any potential risks. In addition, enable appropriate escalation of any item that may impact timely delivery or cause a change to the agreed scope of project
- Ensure accurate and consistent reporting of activity, across all governance forums outside of direct control
- Experience managing major organizational change programs, such as merger integrations or corporate restructure
- Proven ability to manage delivery/execution of a wide range of tasks and initiatives
- Proven experience developing partnerships with and successfully coordinating across various Business, Technology, Operations and Control partners, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams where there is no direct reporting chain
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to interact at all levels of the organization and tailor messages appropriately
- Strong presentation skills, including ability to create polished PowerPoint presentations for various levels of management
- Independent self-starter who can manage multiple activities to aggressive deadlines
- Eagerness to learn the business and understand detailed business requirements
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and SharePoint
- BS/BA degree required. Advanced degrees a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience in project management
- Professional experience in management consulting or financial services industry
- Occasional travel may be required