Copywriter - Performance Marketing (US) - Location NYC or Remote (East coast-based)
gohenry pioneered the youth fintech category with a mission to make every kid good with money, and we're growing rapidly in the US. Our award-winning product helps over 1.2 million parents and kids gain confidence with money, with a debit card and money management app for kids aged 6-18.
We’re looking for a performance marketing copywriter to join our team and help us scale in the US.
The company is focused on delighting its community with innovative, market-leading tools to help parents raise financially healthy kids. The team is deeply committed to this ambitious mission, and as gohenry looks to the future there is an inspiring and clear vision in place with an incredible foundation to grow from.
gohenry is currently building its founding US team after recently raising $40M to expand its mission, led by U.S. growth equity firm Edison Partners with investment from Citi Ventures, Muse Capital, and Gaia Capital Partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growth-stage startup accelerating in a new market. gohenry is building something meaningful and delightful for families by helping kids and teens build good money habits that will last a lifetime.
What you’ll do
You know how to tell stories and write for conversion and use the voice of the customer to drive copy decisions that will drive action and engagement. On some projects, you’ll work both independently as the solo writer, and on others, you’ll collaborate closely with other copywriters from the Marketing and Product teams. In either case, you’ll be responsible for the quality of your copywriting deliverables, ensuring that they meet gohenry’s standards for creative excellence.
- Work with the Head of Creative and the US Marketing team to ensure that creative concepts, tactics, and copy tone are on brand and strategically sound.
- Write, edit, and proofread copy for all growth marketing channels (SEO, Website, Performance Marketing, and CRM) that will acquire, engage, and retain users.
- Be comfortable writing in multiple styles and for multiple formats, as well as balancing direct response functional messaging with more emotional brand messaging.
- Ensure copy is delivered on time and in accordance with the brief criteria.
- Meet with and get increasingly comfortable presenting work to senior stakeholders of all levels.
What we’re looking for
- You have 3-5 years of B2C experience writing persuasive web copy, ad copy for all channels, and can support content marketing, including email.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills across a wide range of campaign types and topics.
- You have an eye for detail, catching every typo, grammatical error, and inconsistency in tone and voice.
- You are a strategic thinker who is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to create content to serve a variety of needs.
- You are very comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally,
- You’re collaborative, are receptive to constructive criticism, and regularly seek out and act on peer and “client” feedback.
- A strong desire to do product-selling, brand-building, and award-winning work.
- You’re a self-starter and a quick learner. You easily juggle multiple projects and tasks.
- You have keen marketing intuition and an interest in developing campaigns that can work across channels.
- You have passion, integrity, and energy!
- Experience writing copy in the fintech space.
- Experience developing copy to suit experimentation (e.g. messaging A/B tests).
- Experience working with Miro, Figma, Asana, and Jira.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field.
COVID & remote working
There will be phases to setting up the US office and team.
- Phase 1: In light of COVID the business will start remote. We’ll organize periodic team meet-ups and provide team/business coaching in order to help build our culture.
- Phase 2: We anticipate setting up a workplace in New York City for the team to gather in. TBD on timing due to COVID. We’ll remain open to remote work and the founding US team will be able to shape this.
How can you resist?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health benefits
- We support flexible and remote working
- 25 PTO days, plus paid holidays (and we really want you to take them all!)
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401K
- Training opportunities to further develop your craft
- Choose your own equipment
Other benefits will be discussed during the interview process.
We’re on a mission to make every kid good with money. Our goal? Create generations of independent, confident young adults, armed with money skills that will set them up for life.
We place the power in the hands of young people, giving them the tools they need to master the financial ropes for themselves. They can spend, save, earn and give with gohenry’s prepaid debit card and app – because learning through doing really works (and it’s more fun!). All while our unique built-in controls give parents total peace of mind.
We’re proud to say...
- We help over one million members improve their money skills every single day.
- 92% of parents said their children are more money confident since using gohenry.
- We’re a high growth startup and that’s why we need you.
Want to meet us?
If we sound like what you’re into, apply by clicking on the below link. We'll be excited to meet you!