About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations manage change, mitigate risk and resolve disputes: financial, legal, operational, political & regulatory, reputational and transactional. With more than 4,600 employees located in 28 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges and make the most of opportunities. The Company generated $1.81 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2017. For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter (@FTIConsulting), Facebook and LinkedIn.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
About Corporate Finance & Restructuring
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients' success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
About FTI Real Estate Solutions Practice:
FTI Real Estate Solutions has a singular focus on the real estate and finance industry and the capital markets that serve it. Our services are designed to create integrated financial, tax and real estate solutions for clients having underlying value in real estate operations and assets. We provide an unsurpassed range of real estate advisory services including merger and acquisitions, due diligence, valuation, lease consulting, forensic accounting, financial outsourcing, IPO, REIT tax structuring and compliance, executive compensation, master planning and development services, cost segregation and private client services. We represent leading public and private real estate entities including REITs, financial institutions, investment banks, opportunity funds, insurance companies, hedge funds, pension advisors and owners/developers.
About the Opportunity:
We seek a Consultant in the Financial Outsourced Services group that possesses both accounting and financial statement preparation skills. We provide outsourced accounting services to both public and private companies, including REITs, mortgage finance companies, real estate private equity funds, developers and operators. The consultant will interact directly with clients and supervisors, develop and maintain financial reporting support work papers, prepare and post journal entries, and maintain and update client's general ledgers and adjusted trial balances. The position requires that you be an assertive self-starter and a proactive problem solver. Responsiveness to client deadlines (for both financial statements and special projects) is essential. The Candidate will possess strong accounting skills in US GAAP an demonstrate the ability to grow technically.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 1+ years of real estate accounting experience, preferably with public accounting experience; alternatively, the candidate can have a mix of public accounting (real estate focus) and industry experience at a public or private REIT or real estate company
- Knowledge of property-level and portfolio accounting; understanding of consolidation and joint venture accounting is preferred
- Sound knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting, a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in month/quarter/annual closings for both US GAAP financial statements and preparation of related working papers or analyses
- Knowledge of income tax basis financial statements, a plus, but not required. Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Familiarity with property management accounting software such as Yardi 7s is preferred
- Ability to understand and communicate ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and in written communications
- Ability to take responsibility for various aspects of projects as well as the ability to suggest improvements and enhancements
- Self-directed and motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that can prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments independently or as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
- Minimum of requisite education toward CPA certification, CPA strongly preferred
- Perform month end and/or quarter end close, including updates of monthly workbook and financial statement variance analysis, post journal entries and prepare bank and general ledger reconciliations
- Review clients' books and records, reconcile account balances to supporting schedules, and ability to determine the correctness of accounts and propose/post correcting journal entries and supporting work papers and adjusted trial balance under US GAAP and income tax basis
- Assist in preparation of financial statements, footnotes and necessary support for clients' Form 10-K, Forms 10-Q and quarterly earnings release
- Assist in preparation of non-public company's financial statement, footnotes and necessary support as well as management reports, as applicable
- Validate financial information maintained by third party service providers
- Ability to perform basic US GAAP research
- Potential exposure or assistance to ad hoc or special accounting projects such as implementation of accounting software, IPO projects, transaction or business process review, and other financial reporting and asset management reporting assistance
- Citizenship Status Accepted: USA Citizenship, Permanent Resident
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt