Are you up to the challenge? At ePlus, we engineer transformative technology solutions for the most visionary companies in the world. This takes imagination, relentless client service, and the tenacity to enable our clients to achieve their visions. Our partnerships with leading edge technology manufacturers—many of which look to us for their own technology infrastructure needs—keep us immersed across the broad spectrum of the IT ecosystem.
As a Consultant, you will be responsible for delivering IT services for multi-vendor Enterprise Networking Solutions. You will have the opportunity to work with our master architects, engineers, and consultants, to understand our clients' needs and implement the solutions to help them achieve their business objectives.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering-centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
Provide deployment and implementation services of multi-vendor networking solutions in Enterprise corporate and data center environments.
- Display expertise with integration of security, routing/switching networks, wireless, and WAN communications to multiple locations
- Develop and design solutions, project documentation and network diagrams
- Work with pre-sales to validate level-of-effort, project scope and design
- Assess customer environments and make services recommendations
- Communicate project progress to internal program coordinators and project management teams
- Serve as an escalation point for Engineers and Sr. Engineers
- Escalate customer issues to other team members, as needed
- Manage testing and validation procedures
- Troubleshoot multi-vendor issues
- Work comfortably in both greenfield and brownfield network project environments
- Maintain thorough knowledge of current vendor technologies and offerings
- Serve the customer to ePlus' standards
Must be fully knowledgeable and able to design, plan, implement and support enterprise networking infrastructure, in a professional services context.
- Switching platforms: Cisco Catalyst/Nexus
- Routing platforms: Cisco ISR/ASR
- Wireless platforms: Cisco/Meraki; ISE experience helpful
- Security: ASA 5500x series, Sourcefire, ISE, and DMVPN
- Knowledge of other projects/technologies a plus, such as: SDWAN, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Aruba, Juniper, Arista
- Excellent customer service skills in-person and on the phone
- Ability to think and come up with solutions quickly
- Conduct business in a professional, competent and ethical manner
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures
Education and Experience:
- 4 year College degree preferred
- 7+ years of hands on experience in IT
- Multiple Industry recognized Certifications. i.e.: CCNP, CCVP, VCP, NACP, CISSP
Physical Requirements of Position:
Ability of finger dexterity to be used primarily to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects or pinching fingers together. Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and / or fingers. Speech ability must be at a level where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly. Hearing ability must be at a level to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Visual ability must be average with ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery. Physical strength for sedentary work with sitting most of the time. May have to exert or lift up to 10 – 20 pounds of force occasionally.