Communications Planning Director
This person is a member of CDMNY's Account Planning team and is responsible for leading communication planning across assigned accounts. They should be a valuable contributor to the running of the business and seen as a trusted partner alongside the account manager, creative director and experts residing in strategic services to include MSA, Digital and Analytics.
They need to be able to inspire creative minds, be able to shape the creative in the development phase and then present a compelling case for the communication plan to the client highlighting why the approach is the right one for their business.
General responsibilities would include:
- Help create a communication architecture for the brand, helping to translate the business objectives into creative work and working with our analytics team explain how we will measure the effectiveness of the work
- Develop the campaign specific communication framework working alongside assigned account planner and digital strategist and account team.
- Alongside account, will be able to create a blueprint of how a brand should spend their money and get alignment from all key parties
- Develop analytical frameworks, define success metrics and report on performance across strategic initiatives
- Create tactical briefs that take into account the contextual nuances of the specific platforms and help inspire the creative and digital teams
- Analyze and recommend operational improvements to build and advance the Comms Planning discipline
- Facilitate work sessions designed to generate, select and implement communication strategies and ideas.
What they will bring:
- Experience directing multi-phase projects, which leverage numerous channels
- Proven success in developing communication architectures for brands
- Experience working with creative, digital and analytic teams
- An ability to think strategically, creatively and conceptually to develop market hypotheses, insights and recommendations for brand team.
- Ability to write and present communication recommendations in ways that are clear and compelling
- Good organizational and project management skills that foster great relationships
- An enthusiastic, ambitious and reliable team member