CFO Advisory Services - Technical Accounting - Manager
New York Metro
CohnReznick currently has an exciting career opportunity in the CFO Advisory consulting team located in NY Metro/Boston area to work with our Accounting Advisory group. We are looking for a Manager to join our team.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to the 11th largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
We are seeking a proven contributor with technical accounting experience to serve as the Technical Accounting Manager. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager and work closely with the Directors and Partners to provide various accounting advisory services to our clients including adoption of new accounting standards, assist companies to prepare for a transaction (e.g. IPO), prepare position papers for complex transactions, assist with GL close and perform other accounting and reporting functions as necessary.
- Perform technical accounting and implementation and lead in crafting detailed accounting memos within a broad range of topics, including consolidations, leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, and revenue.
- Monitor new GAAP and SEC releases and work with the team to help define and implement necessary process and reporting changes
- Regularly collaborate with team members to identify, research, resolve and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters
- Assist clients with month end and quarter end close activities
- IPO or transaction readiness experience is a plus
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Strong communication skills (including writing, verbal, and collaborative skills)
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong team player and builds relationships across organizations
- Lead and train accounting staff, but also willing to perform their tasks directly as necessary
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance; Relevant certification (e.g. CPA or CMA) will be preferred
- 5-7+ years' work experience, of which 3+ years should be in technical accounting roles (SEC reporting is desirable)
- Public Accounting experience preferable
- Strong GAAP experience along with hands on experience drafting 10Q/10K and/or performing controllership functions related to consolidations, GL close and reporting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and a detail orientated personality
- Ability to problem solve, work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project and time management skills
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background and credit check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistant and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.