Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Certified Pharmacy Technician prepares, under Mount Sinai Pharmacy guidelines, pharmaceutical orders for patient care areas, maintains adequate stock levels, reviews medical areas for expired drugs, maintains refrigeration temperature logs, and provides general assistance to pharmacists.
- Fills medication orders accurately.
- Retrieves and delivers medication in a timely fashion.
- Maintains adequate stock levels in the pharmacy and does not over-stock.
- Prepares/ checks Urgent Use Stock orders for patient care areas accurately and does not over-stock.
- Reviews medication areas for expired drugs in a timely fashion.
- Maintains medication refrigerator temperature logs in pharmacy areas and nursing units (as assigned).
- Determines the intravenous antibiotic needs of each of the satellite units at the beginning of the shift.
- Prepares Laminar Flow Hood for usage.
- Operates the Baxa pump.
- Reconstitutes antibiotic piggyback bottles with the proper diluents using aseptic technique.
- Defrosts frozen antibiotic intravenous mini-bags.
- Prepares antibiotic concentrate and aseptically adds to diluents mini-bags.
- Rotates all antibiotic products to maintain the maximum expiration and properly disposes of all expired products.
- Fills orders for satellites not involved with centralized IV program.
- Maintains the area in a neat and hygienic manner.
- Properly disposes of all intravenous needles and tubing and equipment.
- Assists in maintaining all required records.
- Provides general assistance to the pharmacist.
- Maintains inventory of all needed intravenous supplies.
- Prepares all pre-manufactured I.V.'s with patient label to be checked by pharmacist.
- Delivery of patient IV's to nursing units.
- Performs all related duties as required.
- HS/GED; Graduate of an approved pharmacy technician training program, OR an advanced degree, i.e. a Pharmacy Degree from another country OR relevant experience.
- 1-2 years relevant experience as a hospital pharmacy technician preferred: IV experience preferred
- CPhT required - PTCB
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we're as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai's unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke's, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.