At Sequoia, we are fueled by a passion to serve our clients and their needs. Through a blend of guidance, service and technology, we are revolutionizing the way employee benefits, 401(k), insurance and HR are experienced by companies and their people.
Sequoia’s clients are innovative, people-first businesses who are shaping the future: the market disruptors, the paradigm shifters, and the leaders that are pushing their industries forward. As a team, we strive everyday to make an impact on lives in the workplace. We stay dedicated in our commitment to come through for people who put their trust in us, no matter what.
The Business Consultant is committed to producing new business revenue by developing new relationships with Founders, Finance and HR leaders at leading Bay Area tech start-ups. They ensure overall client satisfaction by proactively managing and anticipating the needs of clients and prospects.
What You'll Do
- Conduct initial sales meetings (2-3 per day) and add 1-2 new clients per month
- Design, implement, communicate and service employee benefit programs for new and existing clients
- Drive and manage the client decision making process
- Present market analysis to clients and prospects
- Conduct enrollment meetings, and partner with the Client Service Management team throughout the implementation process
- Provide ongoing service to Sequoia’s clients
- Some travel required
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- 5+ years of successful sales experience in outside sales, business to business sales, or business development with a professional track record of high achievement in sales
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with CEOs, CFOs, Executive Staff, and Human Resources Professionals
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, negotiation, and closing skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally and a commitment to coming through for people
• Passion for service
• Growth oriented
• Caring for others
• Focused on relationship building
• Meaningful & Fun
What can we offer?
Competitive salary + performance-based bonus programs
Great health insurance + wellbeing package
401k retirement savings plan