The Wing is accepting applicants for full time baristas in our NY locations. If you're a friendly and proactive team player, we welcome your application to join our hourly team!
We staff majority of our hourly employees in a full time capacity - up to 40 hours a week. We have a limited amount of roles available for those wanting part time hours (up to 28 hours per week) also available. All hourly employees are eligible for benefits as well as access to our 401K program!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Perform all cashier duties, such as taking and ringing up orders correctly and efficiently
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of the menu, and be able to answer any and all questions about the dishes, their contents, and possible modifications
- Prepare all espresso-based beverages in accordance with standards set forth by Equator and The Wing
- Prepare all tea in accordance with standards set forth by In Pursuit of Tea and The Wing
- Prepare all cocktails and serve wine in accordance with standards set forth by The Wing
- Provide high-volume service during events and busy hours
- Provide warm, thoughtful, solution-oriented customer service
- Assist with managing an efficient flow of service during busy times; communicating with the kitchen when items are low or 86’ed
- Support BOH cafe when busy, helping run food to tables and helping with the dishes
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Remains calm during rushes
- Reliable, responsible, and punctual
- Friendly, warm, personable
- Proactive and independent
- Takes direction and responds to feedback well
- Solution-oriented hospitality & customer service skills
- Prior experience in a restaurant or cafe environment
- Bartending, serving, and/or barista and latte art skills are all a plus!
- Flexible hours, willingness to work weekends and some holidays