Job Summary/Purpose: NBC News is seeking an associate producer to assist in all aspects of documentary and other long form production and archival research.
- Contribute to production of documentary projects, including story development
- Aid in extensive editorial research
- Research, screen and evaluate archival material.
- Conduct pre-interviews and on-camera interviews
- Participate in shooting, scripting and editing, as directed
- Coordinate with technical, operations staff and external resources
- Must have at least 5 years' editorial production experience in documentary or documentary series production.
- Must have experience researching historical archives.
- Must be proficient in Outlook and iNews
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English, History, or a related field of study
- Must be willing to work in New York
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
- Strong writing skills, research skills and editorial judgment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Knowledge of NBC News Policies, Guidelines and Practices