The Associate Director, S&E Partnerships will serve as a senior member of the S&E team within Creative Systems and client lead across retained S&E accounts, including various other project programs across the U.S.
The ideal candidate for this role must have a great understanding and perspective on the Intellectual Property side of sports and entertainment in the US. Do you know IP regulations? Do you know what a gaming metaverse is? Are you able to articulate why a Music agreement is different to a media partnership? Are you also able to manage property, brand, and inter-agency relations at once in a commanding and calm manner? If your answer is yes, then you could be right for this role.
The candidate should be a visionary in the S&E space, have a strong understanding of both IP agreements and activation planning and management across media and content.
The Associate Director, S&E Partnerships supports the MediaCom ambition to be each of our clients most valued business partner, famous for inspiring people and exceptional results. The candidate would be excited by our unique model and share in Mediacom’s passion to work within the ever-evolving media landscape, while delivering integrated cross-channel solutions, specifically seeking to leverage entertainment & sports partnerships to elevate consumer engagement.
- Build & maintain senior level internal and external relationships
- Oversee selected MediaCom clients, as it pertains to new partnership opportunities, which will allow for increased revenue and profitability of existing client accounts
- Directly lead retained S&E accounts while overseeing other project and consultative programs
- Reporting into the Head of Sports & Head of Entertainment you will be responsible to provide regular client and program updates, while also managing more junior team members
- Manage and inspire direct and indirect reports, providing mentoring and coaching to foster personal development
- Achieve revenue and profitability targets as defined and agreed to with executive management
- Support MediaCom client leaders with information, data, ideas, POVs, etc. in and around the S&E Partnership space
- Drive integrated thinking and solutions for clients in partnership with other disciplines
- Maintain and build industry relationships and contacts
- Participate in Creative System creative brainstorming sessions and MediaCom client briefs
YOUR KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- High energy, disciplined, ability and desire to mentor with magnetic and passionate personality
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management and clients ranging from senior corporate executives to other strategic partner companies
- Strong ability to drive insight development and strategy creation which drives big ideas and partnership programs
- An inspirational client leader with high energy and hunger to succeed; disciplined with a need to mentor, possessing a passionate personality
- Accomplished multi-tasker and team player with strong leadership and motivational skills
- Tremendous integration skills, with ability to work across, and in concert with, various marketing channels/media disciplines
- 8+ years Sports & Entertainment experience with an emphasis on Intellectual Property (IP), Talent and Gaming partnerships
- Created, negotiated, and managed multiple sports and entertainment IP agreements, from strategy through to activation
- Strong understanding of Media and Content channels
- Demonstrated ability to deliver outstanding client work, that achieves client goals, wins a place on the agency’s show reel and garners industry-wide recognition
- Extensive account management background at a senior level, understanding how to develop organic & new business growth
- Deep negotiation experience across multitude of property-types, inclusive of driving final long form agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication & presentation skills
- Strong industry contacts
Welcome innovators, initiative takers and instigators. We are 8,500 of the world’s leading media communications specialists, in 125 offices, across 100 countries. We have a global client roster that’s the envy of our peers. Adidas, Coca-Cola, Mars, P&G, Richemont and Sony to name but a few.
We help brands unlock growth through media. Our Systems Thinking approach combines data, technology and creativity to design communication strategies that build brands and generate sales. We’re part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, which gives us access to the richest data sets and most robust benchmarks in the business. All this has helped us become the first network to hold the big six Media Network of the Year titles concurrently.
But the real secret to our success is simple (and not really a secret). It’s our People First, Better Results philosophy. We know that when we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for them, but also for our clients. We also know that talent comes in all shapes, sizes, genders and ethnicities. That’s why we are open environments that celebrate difference.
Do you want to work with smart, creative, enthusiastic people? So do we. Welcome to MediaCom!
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.