About Your Role:
The Associate Director is responsible for bringing cross-platform concepts to life and supporting the planning and flawless execution of branded editorial, social and video content, events and live productions. This critical role serves as a hub of support, insight and information for Dotdash’s Beauty & Style team, leading the execution process for our team and delivering best in class advertising programs for our clients. This critical role serves as a hub of support, insight and information for Dotdash’s Beauty & Style team, leading the execution process for our team and delivering best in class programs for our clients.
About Your Contributions:
- Produce and oversee execution of best in class, cross-platform branded content programs for Dotdash’s Beauty & Style verticals (Byrdie & Brides) and clients, specifically digital, social, and video content/executions, as well as photoshoots and events (both live and virtual)
- Work closely with Marketing and Strategy teams to identify, ideate, and scope built-if-sold tentpole programs
- Work with Byrdie & Brides editors and social team to produce content that is on brand and will serve our audience best
- Work closely with Program Management team to establish project timelines and ensuring talent deliverables and deadlines are met
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business stakeholders to maintain the team’s smooth performance and cohesive operation, including creating new processes as needed
- Define program scope and manage pricing process and estimates for custom production elements in all Beauty & Style programs in order to accurately estimate costs and maintain margin
- Manage day-to-day high volume operation of a dedicated beauty production team
- Secure and negotiate talent (both celebrity and influencer) for custom programs
- Act as production lead on all IRL/physical activations such as events, photoshoots and video handling all activation logistics, contracting and execution
- Execute contracts for partnerships with external vendors and contractors
- Facilitate contract negotiations and redlines with Dotdash legal team
- Attend shoots as necessary to supervise production and ensure it runs efficiently, effectively, and on time
- Lead kickoff calls with internal team members and clients
- Project management of projects in post-sale, including client communications where needed
- 5-7 years experience at an agency or publisher in the beauty and/or style space
- 3-4 years production experience on integrated branded content and programs in a variety of formats including photography, video, event/experiential, sampling, and social
- Proven experience completing cross-functional complex creative projects for beauty & style brands both big and small
- Experience working with influencers and other talent
- Ability to create a production budget and scope in the pitch process and execute within budget and scope in post-sale
- Knowledge of project management and digital asset management systems
- Ability to create and understand contracts for third party vendors, freelancers and talent
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A keen creative eye and attention to detail
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with ability to collaborate with others
- Knowledgeable and following the current beauty & style trends
- Possess a calm demeanor with the ability to work under a high-pressure, fast-paced production environment
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.