CrossCountry Consulting is the trusted partner and expert advisor to leading organizations that are dealing with pressing business needs. We help our clients transform their finance, accounting, operations, risk, and technology functions in order to effectively prepare them for complex change, optimized performance, and accelerated business growth. Our consultants work collaboratively with our clients to provide customized solutions to our clients’ specific and ever-changing needs.
CrossCountry Consulting is built on the fundamental principles of dynamic growth and shared values. Our culture reflects an environment that nourishes and promotes excellent client service, team collaboration, and individual advancement.
Join our team where Excellence is a priority, Collaboration and teamwork are the norm, Energy is contagious, and the opportunity to make an Impact is endless. See for yourself why our success relies on our people.
Click here to see what made us one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies for the fourth consecutive year!
Our project teams provide a unique blend of critical skills - industry experience, understanding and implementation of new and existing accounting pronouncements, expertise in accounting for complex transactions, and improvement and optimization of the finance and accounting functions - to help clients respond to opportunities, address complex change, and improve operations. Our clients rely on CrossCountry for far-reaching expertise, positive direction, and proven results.
As an Associate Director in CrossCountry’s Accounting Advisory practice, you will be assisting to lead the Accounting Advisory team to various clients respond to changes in accounting standards, external financial reporting, operational accounting, transaction-related demands and regulatory compliance.
- Primary ongoing responsibility is for management of projects. Focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders, etc. Spends significant time on project management and business analysis responsibilities.
- Assist with complex transactions through proven due diligence, post-closing balance sheet settlement, carve out financials, and on-going integration services
- Advise on complex accounting policy in all areas of US GAAP and/or IFRS, including consolidation (analyzing VIEs and determining Primary Beneficiaries), revenue recognition, lease accounting, business combinations, goodwill and impairment, Fixed assets and depreciation, bad debt, foreign currency accounting, compensation, liabilities, accruals and others
- Transformation of finance and/or accounting functions to include: accounting process improvements, operational process improvements, financial reporting preparation, and board and management reporting
- Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery. Advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs as appropriate to leadership. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes
- Responsibility for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development and performance during the project or projects
- Act as role model, supervisor, coach, and mentor to Managing Consultants, Senior Consultants and Consultants both on projects and within coaching families
- Own client relationships and work with CrossCountry team members to scope, clarify, and deliver superior client service
- Expand relationships within client organization with Business Development and Networking in mind
- Show the ability to generate leads from a network outside of existing client work
- Participate on proposal teams in securing new client work
- Understand key industry/technical developments and trends and can articulate how clients will be affected
- Participate in advancing the firm through committees and internal initiatives such as recruiting, business development, marketing, and knowledge sharing
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- 10+ years of external consulting experience (Big Four or equivalent) within a Financial Reporting or Accounting capacity
- CPA or CA certified
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) in business, finance, economics, accounting or other technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Accounting standards (US GAAP and/or IFRS) and the ability to research technical accounting and transaction related issues
- Accounting policy including consolidation (analyzing VIEs and determining Primary Beneficiaries), derivatives, revenue recognition, lease accounting, business combinations, impairment, loan loss methodologies, foreign currency accounting, and/or others
- Transaction based accounting and reporting requirements, including IPOs (S-1), mergers & acquisitions, carve-outs, etc
- SEC filings and their requirements
- Mentorship and people development capabilities
- Consistent success in building and developing strong client relationships
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including comfort with executive audiences
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to think from a “big picture” perspective
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Great sense of humor!