We're Food52, a groundbreaking and award-winning kitchen and home company. We support, connect and celebrate our community of cooks and home enthusiasts, giving them everything they need to eat thoughtfully and live joyfully.
We are a fast-growing, James Beard Award-winning online food content and commerce destination, and we are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer to work with our shop team in our New York City headquarters. This role will involve plenty of hands-on SKU and vendor interaction, coordination across multiple teams company-wide, a close relationship with your laptop, and access to lots of delicious coffee and snacks.
Who You Are
- You have 1-2 years of retail experience.
- You have excellent analytical skills and understand (or are interested in learning about!) retail math and strategy.
- You are passionate about cooking, food and kitchen products and are excited to contribute these passions to a fast growing team!
- You're a self-starter and problem-solver -- you have a keen eye and ideas for ways to improve a business
- You're extremely detail-oriented -- you track down that missing piece of information and make sure all team members are up to speed on potential changes.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy the fast-paced nature of working at a startup.
- You have impeccable communication skills -- both written and verbal. You understand tone and how to write an effective email.
- You're process-driven and are constantly looking for ways to streamline and simplify complex tasks.
- You enjoy making new, and managing existing merchant relationships. You pride yourself on being responsive and thinking creatively about how you can help each Shop partner grow their business on Food52.
- You have a keen eye (and taste!) for great products and beautiful tools and wares -- you understand our aesthetic.
What You Will Do
- You will liaise between Buyers and stakeholders across internal teams to ensure product accuracy and strong cross-functional communication.
- You will support the Kitchen and Pantry Buyer in all aspects of buying, including assortment analysis, margin goals, reporting and sales analysis.
- You will work closely with the sample coordinator to manage the sample process; this includes requesting samples, pulling samples in advance of product review meetings, and sample closet organization.
- You will proactively manage inventory and following up with vendors.
- You will manage SKU setup in our admin & quality assurance process to ensure all details are complete and accurate before SKU goes live -- down to the last cent. This includes coordinating with our Editorial, Customer Care, and Creative teams daily.
- You will be responsible for onboarding new vendors and managing relationships with our existing ones.
- You will support the Shop and Marketing teams on exciting projects like holiday pop-ups and shopping events.
- Competitive salary & healthcare package
- Annual bonus plan
- Unlimited vacation days (p.s. ask us about Summer Week & Winter Week)
- Flexible hours
- So many snacks!
- An ever-flowing giveaway table, featuring kitchenware, cookbooks & Leftover Flower Fridays
Please note: Food52 hopes to recruit and advance qualified minorities, women, LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of home cooks.