EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (ï'FSOï') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We help the worldï's largest financial institutions navigate the intricate business environment to effectively manage and assess their credit risk in support of their ongoing strategies. More than ever, financial institutions are investing in enhancing their credit risk management capabilities to make better business decisions, presenting us with the unique opportunity to rally together to solve our clientsï' most complex challenges.
You will support diverse client engagement teams to help our clients with a broad range of advisory services and provide meaningful insights across financial subject matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. Youï'll also work on challenging projects alongside some of the most engaging and knowledgeable colleagues in the business.
Your key responsibilities
Youï'll spend most of your time teaming with credit risk management and industry professionals to develop and deliver a wide range of risk mitigation strategies and solutions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Supporting a team of professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds.
- Providing constructive feedback and coaching to junior team members, and fostering an innovative and inclusive, team-oriented work environment
- Cultivating and maintaining client relationships
- Demonstrating teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and staying abreast of industry trends relevant to client's business
- Understanding our clientsï' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Developing technical capabilities in a wide range of subjects including credit risk measurement and management, strategic governance, portfolio management, risk appetite, credit risk policy, and rating methodologies
- Assisting with business development activities including key go-to-market efforts (e.g., proposals, marketing materials) for related topics.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelorï's degree in finance, economics, accounting, engineering or a related discipline; an MBA or masterï's is a plus
- More than three years of relevant experience in a credit risk domain (credit risk measurement, performance management, credit policy development, etc.), or a graduate degree and at least two years of related work experience
- The flexibility to constantly learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth technical capabilities and industry knowledge
- Ability to quickly assimilate to new information, regulatory requirements and industry-leading practices. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs. A valid driverï's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
Ideally, youï'll also have
- Consulting, investment or commercial banking credit risk, regulatory or Rating Agency experience, or accounting/control function experience
- Strong quantitative and technology skills
What we look for
If youï're a natural leader with a talent for answering and communicating complex client problems, weï're interested in you. Youï'll need to be great at influencing people, ready to listen and confident in challenging the status quo. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses address their most pressing problems, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where youï'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way thatï's right for you
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.