NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Administrative Supervisor.
In this role, the successful candidate provides administrative supervision for the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center (IBDC), including managing front desk operations, back office insurance clearance and patient schedules, coordinating with hospital and professional billing staff, managing relationships with offices of referring physicians, and assisting the Administrative Manager with Departmental projects. Works as a liaison with Clinical Leadership to ensure coordination for add-on patients; oversees compliance with TJC Patient Safety Goals; maintains a patient/ family centered environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organizations service standards and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Supervise administrative staff, including managing schedules, maintaining personnel records, assisting with annual performance reviews, etc. Train staff on new procedures/processes; orient and train new staff for the IBDC.
- Manage and oversee daily schedules for all departmental appointments. Ensure all patients are properly scheduled in electronic health record.
- Coordinate with Finance staff to ensure all tests are properly scheduled, financially cleared and checked in.
- Coordinate relationships with offices of referring physicians to ensure all necessary requirements are fulfilled, including authorizations, referrals or clinical documents.
- Liaise with Revenue Cycle and coding teams to ensure proper capture of charges for appointments. Liaise with professional and hospital billing counterparts to coordinate timely and accurate billing process.
- Assist with departmental reporting, data tracking or analytical projects, as needed.
- Assist with development and maintenance of Operating Manual for all administrative processes.
- Participate in scheduled meetings relevant to scope of responsibilities.
- Ensure waiting area is kept in a family and patient friendly state.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree
- Four years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of computer systems, typing/word processing, database and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Bachelor's degree; masters degree
- Previous managerial experience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.