The Muse is the most trusted and beloved career platform, connecting individuals and companies on a more authentic level. We support over 75 million people looking to craft meaningful careers through TheMuse.com and our employer partners. Smart companies work with us to attract today’s top talent, giving candidates the information they need to find the company that is right for them. Why? Because life’s too short to hate your career.
We're looking to connect with talented Account Executives to join our Sales team. If that's you, please feel free to apply—we'd love to hear from you!
In this role, you'll drive the sales process with prospective new mid-market clients and help companies like Slack, Allbirds, Tough Mudder, and Squarespace attract today’s top talent. We do this through content and technology solutions that provide an authentic look inside their company and showcase what makes their culture unique. This is a consultative, new business b2b sales role. We're looking for hunters, but you'll be supported with some inbound lead flow as well.
Learn more about The Muse Revenue Organization and what it's like to be a part of our team.
How you'll make an impact
- You’ll drive the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing, continuously seeking creative strategies to attain new business
- You’ll be responsible for cultivating a healthy pipeline in partnership with our Marketing and SDR teams
- You’ll develop a deep expertise of The Muse, our employer branding technology and content solutions, and the talent industry
- You’ll consistently achieve and exceed your monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- You’ll leverage a robust sales tech stack including Salesforce, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Apollo.io, Chorus, and ZoomInfo
- You'll receive ongoing training for a career in technology sales and a path towards enterprise sales and/or sales leadership
Why we'll love you
- You have b2b sales experience and a track record of exceeding quota
- You're a hunter by nature and looking for a new business sales role
- You're consultative in your sales approach, skilled at navigating complex sales, and have successfully built a book of business for a sales cycle longer than 30 days
- You're comfortable in an inside sales roles, conducting discovery calls over the phone and using screen share technology to demo, and excited to take the occasional in-person meeting
- You have a track record of performance and an extreme hunger to be successful
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment—You can handle ambiguity and adapt to new information quickly
- You’re fearless, resilient, naturally curious, and committed to mastering your sales craft
- You're competitive and a team player
Why you'll love us
- We offer uncapped commissions
- You’ll work at a tech company founded by two badass women—Our founders believe transparency is important so they really try to share as much as they can about changes to The Muse strategy, board meetings, and when they are wrestling with big company-wide decisions.
- The Muse actually has—and sticks to—a “no assholes” policy, so you can come to work everyday knowing you will always be surrounded by good people who genuinely care about you.
- We invest in growing our people—personally and professionally
- We offer unlimited vacation—and we mean it!
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive every day to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.
If this could be your dream job, please submit a cover letter and resume, so we can get to know you a little better.