It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Position: Quality Tech- QA Lab
Reports to: QA Manager
Salary Grade: Hourly- 4.0
Works in the QA Lab facilitating varying functional quality applications to drive improvement of product and process.
- Identify Critical to Quality (CTQ) characteristics throughout parts value stream
- Document CTQ's and implement into production processes, audits, and inspection (parts processes)
- Knowledge of and operation of FARO arm and Polyworks software for FAI, SQS, and line production issues.
- Facilitates scan measurements of engineering hulls
- Leads the internal parts nonconformance process and data entry
- Administers the SCS software for calibration and torque control for facility
- Handles quality measurement tools: Phase II hardness tester, hand measurement tools,etc.
- Learn and understand functional roles within the EQMS
- NCM, CA, Doc Control, etc.
- Performs foam sampling weekly and for new process changes, assists other BG facilities in testing
- Review of QCIS DPU data to identify key quality defects
- Utilize data from AV/AP to identify ongoing issues with product and process
- Work with area supervisors, leads, and facilitators to identify quality issues that need further review ie engineering help, ME, etc.
- Audit the following as necessary and defined:
- New Proto/Eng. Parts
- New employee validation
- New/improved machinery parts
- Scheduled parts audit
- Supplied parts, as requested
- Learn and understand the A3 improvement process
- Actively participate in A3, 5S+1 activities
- Will identify potential A3 projects and fulfill those projects
- Work with engineering and quality to define and implement KPC's
- Commitment beyond standard work schedule
- Supports kaizen activities.
- Encourages safe behavior and 5S housekeeping activities.
- Maintains daily communication with supply and customer departments
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Train on the use of technology to perform job function (Faro)
- Ability to utilize basic measuring tools, ie. Taper gauges, straight edges, tape measures, squares.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including ability to challenge team members/peers appropriately to follow standards.
- Exhibits a willingness to help others, eagerness to learn.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without accommodations.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word)
- 2-3 years experience in quality or boat building or equivalent
- Green Belt or Yellow Belt training/ certification
- Knowledge of drawings
- Knowledge of measurement processes'
- ASQ certification: CQIA, CQT, etc.
About the Company:
Based in New York Mills, MN - Lund Boats has been manufacturing high quality aluminum and fiberglass fishing boats since 1948. Lund Boats are built by people who love to fish and take pride in engineering and building the most innovative and durable fishing boat on the market. Whether you're a part-time weekend angler or a serious tournament pro or guide, Lund prides itself on delivering the Ultimate Fishing Experience!
Also located in Otsego, MN, Crestliner celebrates 65 years in business and traces its origins to the Aluminum Boat Company that came to life within the walls of an airplane hanger back in 1946. Several transitions later, the company became known as Crestliner, and in 1991 the rivet-free UniWeld welded hull was a true revolution in aluminum boats. Crestliner continues to lead in innovations and setting new standards. Learn more about Crestliner and its line of boats by visiting www.Crestliner.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and protected veteran status.
Brunswick Corporation and all subsidiaries are deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans)
We are the people behind life's passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-735-4767.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies