Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Now and move your Career forward with Airgas as a Warehouse Associate in
New Windsor, NY!
What you will do:
The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for the safe and orderly stocking, storing, and labeling of all incoming materials and supplies at the location's warehouse for future redistribution. This position will additionally be responsible for the picking, packing and distribution of materials and supplies for delivery via outside carriers or local Airgas drivers to the customer's location.
- Stocks, stores, labels, picks/packs and distributes materials and supplies.
- Validates delivery of materials and provides a physical receipt.
- Performs periodic inventory of warehouse materials as directed.
- Organizes and controls site warehouse inventoried items.
- Reviews incoming and outgoing product invoices per Company policy.
- Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack, or other warehouse/material handling equipment.
- Follows appropriate Company policies and procedures (SOPs) as they relate to distribution, safety, etc.
- Performs general site housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of prior experience in warehouse operations or warehouse maintenance experience preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or chemical industry preferred.
- Prior experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Basic computer skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's responsibilities.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential“ - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program“ - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management“ - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability