Student Nurse Technician AdventHealth
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- Join a Faith-Based,Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Gain Experience inthe Hospital and Network with Nursing Staff
- Determine Area ofInterest for GN program and Future RN Positions
- Flexible SchedulingAround School Schedule
- Career Growth andDevelopment
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs as a teammember in assisting with safe and effective care routine and activities ofdaily living (ADLs). Assists patients with their activities of daily livingincluding but not limited to basic hygiene, skin care, nutritional and dietaryneeds, elimination needs, physical activity needs and all comfort measures.Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Obtain and documentvital signs per unit standards. Report abnormal finding to the licensed nursein a prompt manner.
- Collects lab specimens as directed, per hospital standards
- Collects, reports and accurately documents intake and output informationfor assigned patient areas.
- Ensures personalhygiene and comfort care is delivered to all patients
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Must be Currently Enrolled in an Approved School of NursingProgram
- Current BLS through AHA
May perform the duties in compliance with the role andresponsibilities specific to the Nurse Technician in which demonstratedcompetency in nursing school and under the direct observation of a licensednurse (RN/LPN). Primary function is to assist with the basic care needs of thepatient as well as to perform as assigned clinical skills which may include butare not limited to: basic care routines and procedures, vital signs, accucheckskills. Proactively functions as a team member in the delivery of safe,competent, therapeutic and cost effective patient care. Will assist in the careof the following patient populations; geriatrics, adult, adolescent andpediatric patients. Adheres to the essential practices for excellence in handhygiene. Responsible to adhere to the Corporate Compliance plan, to the rulesand regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standardsof all accrediting bodies.