Health Unit Coordinator/Patient Care Technician Certified AdventHealth
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth
- Work for a Faith-Based, Non-Profit Healthcare Organization
- Patient and Employee Focused Organization Providing Whole Patient Care
- Competitive Salaries and Comprehensive Benefits
- Opportunities for Education Reimbursement for Career Advancement
- Career Growth and Advancement Potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Answers telephone and relays messages, making calls as directed.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, physicians, and vendors.
- Assists daily in maintaining orderly, clean and quiet work area.
- Performs routine basic Patient Care Tech tasks and routines in a safe, competent, therapeutic and cost effective manner include but not limited to the following:
- Documentation, Monitoring, Procedures, Daily inventory
- Maintains respect and privacy at all times.
- Performs basic patient care unit routines including but not limed to the following: obtain vital signs (temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations), keep patient rooms stocked with gloves, replace unit sharp containers per policy, and keep patient areas in a reasonably clean and appropriate condition. Clean procedure room and redress procedure table.
- Check and refill linens daily, clean stretchers as needed.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma
- General secretarialskills, including typing and PC computer skills.
- Must have a State ofFlorida Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Certificate, Patient CareTechnician Certificate or the equivalent of one year of nursing schooleducation.
- Must maintain a currentBasic Life Support.
- Prior nursing aide orPCT experience preferred with knowledge of medical terminology
Performs a wide range of secretarialduties. Assists in coordinatingactivities and the daily schedule with the Clinical Leader and otherdepartments to expedite the efficient functioning of the unit consistent withthe philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the department. Also performs the following clinical tasksand responsibilities specific to the Patient Care Technician in a safe,therapeutic and competent manner to meet the needs for basic patient caremanagement under the general and direct supervision of the ProfessionalRegistered Nurse. These clinical tasksinclude but are not limited to the following: Basic patient care, routines andprocedures: vital signs, Accucheck skills and the discontinuation of a salinelock and/or IV site. Primarily assiststhe patient and the nurse to accomplish quality patient care outcomes andcustomer satisfaction. Functions as an active team member in the delivery ofsafe, competent, therapeutic and cost effective patient care for the followingpopulations: geriatrics, adult. Primary function is to assist with the basicpatient care needs management of the patient under the general and directsupervision of a nurse. Demonstrateseffective use and support of the Superior Service Standards within the hospitaland clinical setting. Responsible toadhere to the, Advent Health
Compliance plan, to the rules and regulationsof all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of allaccrediting bodies.