Buzzi Unicem USA, a major US cement manufacturer is looking for a Terminal Operator.
We believe our employees are our greatest asset. We continue to strive to provide a culture that supports career growth through strong leadership and development planning that is both financially and professionally rewarding for all our employees.
The Terminal Operator will be responsible for the loading of bulk trucks in a safe, efficient and timely manner from the designated silos as instructed by the Terminal Manager. The candidate will also ensure that each load is completed to the customer's specification within legal limits.
The Terminal Operator also unloads barges. This includes helping moor the barges in the unloading area, hooking up unloading hoses and continuously monitor the unloading process and safely operate manual unloading gates, air valves and blowers. The Terminal Operator must have solid Industrial Mechanical skills, as he/she will be performing routine maintenance on pumps, compressors, valves, and actuators.
The candidate for this position must adhere to company safety policies and perform work in a safe manner. Other key functions of this position include cleaning all areas of the terminal and grounds, and obtaining daily/weekly samples.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Ability to lift 75 – 100 pounds on a regular and repeated basis
- Ability to safely operate a Pedestal Crane, Tugboat, and Bobcat
- Ability to bend, use broom and shovel
- Ability to work at heights up to 150 feet
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold
- Ability to work in enclosed areas, such as barges, dust collectors and pump pits
- Ability to work in noisy and dusty conditions
- Ability to operate forklifts and tractors for cutting grass
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts up to 7 days a week
- Ability to work alone at night without immediate supervision
- Ability to read and comprehend safety and operating instructions
Buzzi Unicem USA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including 401k. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note that candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and that only qualified candidates will be contacted.