ARISE Schools is a network of two open-enrollment charter schools serving approximately 1,000 students in grades K - 8. ARISE Academy, located in the upper ninth ward, opened its doors in 2009 and Mildred Osborne Charter School, located in New Orleans East, opened in 2013. Our mission is to “empower and support our schools to meet the needs of the communities they serve and prepare each and every student for lifetime success.“
Makerspace is a platform to engage children in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) through innovative, hands-on learning experiences. It is a space where students can create, make, discover, investigate and invent. The space gives scholars a chance to apply problem-solving skills, test and revise their ideas, experiment, collaborate, and just have fun. The Makerspace allows students to use real tools and different materials to design, make, tinker and create projects on their own while concentrating on the process not the product. This is a space where we encourage learning, prototyping, sharing of ideas, productive failure, thinking and collaboration.
This is a part-time position (4 hours/day, Tuesday-Friday).
- Plan, organize, and execute maker-related programming resources for STEAM learning
- Program development, coaching and training, coordination and collaboration, and continuous improvement and learning
- Building/creating with students using equipment in technology-related projects. Available equipment includes: computers and 3D printers, soldering irons, laser cutters, sewing machines, power tools, etc.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting software and hardware, including 3D printers
- Strong communication skills that accommodate a diverse population of users and learners
- Passion and knowledge about the use of technologies to support creative, engaged learning.
- Strong drive, work ethic, and organizational skills
- Flexibility, a team player attitude, and ready to tackle to new or challenging situations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience.
Arise Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.