ARISE Schools is a New Orleans-based network of high performing schools which includes ARISE Academy, founded in 2008 and located in the Upper 9th Ward, and Mildred Osborne Charter School, founded in 2013 and located in the Kenilworth area. ARISE Schools currently serves over 1,000 students in Kindergarten to 8th grade. ARISE Schools is seeking passionate and innovative leaders to join our team as we work to fulfill our mission of closing the achievement gap for our scholars.
- Stop at all stops on the route and report any delays or deviations in schedule to the transportation office.
- Be attentive to traffic and weather conditions while staying on schedule and ensuring the safety of passengers.
- Ensure that their vehicles are operating properly each day by testing brakes, tires and other components.
- Maintain a safe environment on the bus by enforcing rules of conduct and responding to emergencies.
- Report any unsafe environment to supervisors immediately.
- Keep track of the number of students transported, to report to supervisor daily.
- Ensure that students under nine years old are being picked up at stops by a parent/guardian.
- Must be over 25 or have at least three years of school bus driving experience
- Must possess a valid CDL license with a school bus endorsement
- 3+ years school bus driving experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- A competitive benefits package is also offered, including the opportunity to participate in health insurance, dental insurance, & 403(b) retirement matching.
Arise Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.