ThedaCare's reputation for providing outstanding, individualized care is directly attributed to the unrelenting passion for safety and quality demonstrated by our team members. We advocate for each patient by providing timely information and convenient access that empower them to make confident decisions about their health. Our combined expertise allow us to better predict and prevent disease and support a more proactive approach to care, making a critical difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
A career with ThedaCare means much more than excellent compensation and benefits. Our team members are supported by continued opportunities for learning and development, accessible and transparent leadership, and a commitment to work/life balance. If you're interested in joining a healthcare system that is changing the face of care and wellbeing in our community, we encourage you to explore a future with ThedaCare.
Job Description Summary :
Under the supervision of the LPN, RN, or nurse leader, the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs patient-centered, evidence-based nursing care activities to meet the physical and psychosocial needs of the patient. Through collaborative practice with all members of the care team, is responsible for patient outcomes that meet the high quality of care provided by ThedaCare. Contributes to the goals of the department by being accountable for the delivery of compassionate, safe care and demonstrated commitment to continuous growth and professional development.
- Performs delegated patient care activities using evidence-based practice and specific competencies for the patient population served.
- Assists in meeting the care needs of the patient in collaboration with the care team to ensure quality, cost-effective safe patient care practices.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the provision of care in the clinical specialty assigned and performs all functions of the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), which are age appropriate, developmentally sensitive, and culturally specific.
- Respectfully addresses situations or decisions to ensure patient concerns and needs are met.
- Identifies ways to improve the patient's experience of care, streamline care processes, and lower costs to improve patient, family, and team member satisfaction.
- Identifies and escalates patient risk to prevent crises.
- Demonstrates professional and therapeutic relationships with patients, families, team members, and providers.
- Reinforces patient education to improve care outcomes and safe patient practices.
- Performs and documents patient cares including personal hygiene, mobility, activities of daily living, and vital signs, and ensures the care environment promotes patient safety.
- Provides care to patients including collecting body fluids for testing and cultures, administering medications if applicable, and providing patient care as defined within the nursing plan of care and/or physician orders, within the scope of the CNA role.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid State of Wisconsin CNA Certification
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR certification for healthcare providers
- Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to perform patient care procedures
- Frequent exposure to sharp objects and instruments
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock
- Occasional high noise level in work environment
- Standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Transporting, transferring, positioning patients and/or equipment from one location to another; little likelihood for injury if proper body mechanics and procedures are followed
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, and pharmacological agents
- Occasional contact with aggressive and or combative patients
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
ThedaCare Medical Center - New London - New London,Wisconsin