Senior Software Engineer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dealertrack a Cox Automotive Brand, is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 5+ years’ experience to join our Engineering team in Lake Success NY.
At Dealertrack, we offer the chance to do your best work and lead the digital revolution of the auto industry with gusto. Our Engineering professionals are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform, for auto dealers, from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you'll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
The Job Summary:
Dealertrack is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in related Microsoft or open-source technology stack and exposure to Software as a Service to join our team.
Technology We Use:
MS Visual Studio, C#, DataPower, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Oracle, IIS, MVC, AngularJS, WCF, MSMQ, REST, MongoDB, HTML, CSS, Git, GitHub, PyCharm, Python, and Django
- Design, develop and maintain web-based applications to enhance the performance and reliability of our current applications.
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products using our open-source-based tech stack.
- Collaborate with other developers on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements.
- Review, analyze designs, modify, develop, test, document, and implement software applications.
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems. Detect, diagnose, and report related problems
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be consider
- BA/BS degree in related field and 5+ years of relevant experience OR MS degree in related field and 2+ years experience OR an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 5+ years of development experience with C#/ASP.Net or Python-related open-source technology stack.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL queries and stored procedures
- 5+ years of experience in developing software that runs on a Linux or Windows environment.
What We Look For:
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between the Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Result-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment.
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work on multiple activities with speed and efficiency.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Strong understanding of version control systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively within high performance team environment.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.