Lead Data Engineer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this is a temporary work from home role but will ultimately work in the Atlanta, GA or North Hills, NY office.
We are seeking a Lead Data Engineer/Technical Lead who is ready to take the next step in their career. If you are ready to learn, collaborate, solution, and operate a born-in-the-cloud architecture to deliver the data and reporting foundation for an $8 billion revenue company, then we want you!
Working within our Scaled Agile Framework, you will be responsible for the design, development, quality, delivery, support, and adoption of strategic analytics solutions. A successful candidate is one who thrives as a collaborator, organizer, quality evangelist and Player Coach (someone who is hands-on while providing oversight). This is a thought leader role – complete solution accountability and ongoing platform/solution maturity.
- AWS Services: Lambda, SNS, SQS, Athena, S3, IAM, Glue, VPC, EC2, DynamoDB, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Cloud formation
- Languages: Python, PySpark
- Snowflake: Schemas, External/Native Tables, Views, Stages, File Formats, Sequences, Pipes, Stored Procedures, Roles, Warehouse Setups, Data Shares & Database Administration. Good SQL skills with data transformations experience.
- MS SQL: Schemas, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, SSIS
- In partnership with Enterprise Architecture team, deliver analytics solutions including collecting data from providers, building transformations, persisting within repositories, and distributing to consumers.
- Working primarily within AWS & Snowflake, ensure data sets are captured, designed, and housed effectively (consistently, optimized for cost, ease of support and maintenance).
- Transition Minimally Viable Product (MVP) solutions into operationally hardened systems, including introducing re-useable objects and patterns to drive automation, maintainability and supportability.
- Complete ownership for a project delivery including planning, estimation. Leading development to ensure on-time/ per envisioned design delivery and provide production support as needed.
- Enable delivery of high-quality code. Conduct code reviews and ensure delivery patterns are followed. Coach, mentor, and evangelize team re: Built-In Quality.
- Liaison with product owners and counterpart technical teams (e.g., Cloud Ops, DBAs, Enterprise Data Services, Data Governance, Financial Reporting, and Business Unit technology and analytics teams).
- Participate in backlog refinement including data discovery and data analysis.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and resolve issues and risks that interfere with delivery commitments.
- Rapid response and cross-functional work to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues.
- Communicates the possibilities and constraints of the current system. Advocates for IT enablement features
- Potentially working with off-shore teams.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in a Software or Data Engineering role OR 11+ years equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- Proficient in AWS S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Athena, EC2, VPC & DynamoDB
- Proficient in at least one of these programming languages: Python (preferred) or Java/Scala
- Proficient in Snowflake (External/Native Tables, Views, Stages, File Formats, Sequences, Pipes, Stored Procedures)
- Experience designing event-driven, data processing pipelines
- Experience maturing production systems (introducing QA automation, fault tolerance, self-recovery)
- Strong, hands-on technical skills and self-directed problem solving
- Experience with MS SQL environment (Schemas, Tables, Views, Stored Procedures. SSIS)
- Experience developing in Spark (Spark Streaming, Dataframes, Datasets)
- Experience in working as a member of Agile teams (Scrum)
- Experience with data modeling (data warehouse/ vault, normalization, slowly changing dimensions, star schema)
- Foundational understanding of LEAN software development
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.