Special Metals Corporation, A PCC Company is seeking a highly motivated professional to serve as Maintenance Supervisor. SMC, located in New Hartford, NY has a history of alloy technology now going back some 75 years and continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONKEL, and NILO alloys. Precision Castparts Corp (PCC), is a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products providing high quality investment castings, forgings, and fastener/fastener systems for critical aerospace and power generation applications.
Manage Maintenance, Machine Shop, MRO Inventory, MRO Shipping and Receiving, and roads and grounds.
- Identify and lead efforts necessary to reduce maintenance department spending
- Identify and lead efforts necessary to reduce MRO inventory while preserving equipment reliability and operational supply availability
- Continually rebuild preventive and predictive maintenance programs to improve program effectiveness and equipment uptime.
- Reduce overall impact of maintenance activity to operations
- Reduce preventive maintenance costs
- Reduce maintenance induced failures
- Provide regular reports on current and historical maintenance downtime trends
- Provide regular reports on historical, current, and future spending trends
- Identify proper department manning levels and budgets
- Deliver effective quality maintenance support to sustain operations, while continuing to improve maintenance spending and equipment uptime
- Preserve MRO supply availability while continuing to reduce NET MRO inventory value
- Basic background knowledge of metals manufacturing
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics operations in an efficient and accurate manner
- Possess a thorough knowledge and ability to manipulate data in a computer through MS and Oracle software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or GED and at least seven years of experience. Solid Maintenance or reliability experience is required. Specific course work that is highly desirable includes Maintenance Planning, Reliability Centered Maintenance, and a CMMS training certificate.
- Computer literacy is a requirement.
- Ability to interface with any person in the organization.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are critical.
- Reliable attendance and good communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – THE PHYSICAL DEMANDS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE THAT MUST BE MET BY AN EMPLOYEE TO SUCCESSFULLY PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS DESCRIBED HERE ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THOSE AN EMPLOYEE ENCOUNTERS WHILE PERFORMING THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS JOB. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.