Requisition Number: COMPL04363
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
- Responsible for thorough evaluation of coverage and proactive investigation, reserving, negotiating and managing the defense of complex liability claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Manage all claims in accordance with Utica National’s established claim procedures.
- Draft and present claim reviews to supervisor and upper management that provide full evaluation of coverage, liability and damages associated with claim, proposed plan to resolve claim and sufficient basis and support for authority requests above CLCS’s individual monetary authority level.
- Maintain timely and accurate claim reserves in accordance Utica National’s reserving philosophy.
- Effectively manage litigation process including appropriate assignment of defense panel counsel, monitoring of defense counsel’s work product and working with defense counsel to efficiently and fairly resolve claims.
- Participate as appropriate in litigation activities including settlement negotiations, depositions, conferences, hearings, alternative dispute resolution sessions and trials.
- Maintain effective communications with insureds, claimants, agents, and other representatives involved in the claims cycle.
- Achieve the service standard of “excellent” during all phases of claims handling.
- Stay abreast of legal trends, case law, and jurisdictional environment and its impact on handling claims within the jurisdiction.
- Responsible for analyzing and communicating changes in law, regulation, and custom to ensure consistent quality claim handling.
Education: Four year degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of commercial casualty claims handling experience working with moderate to high complexity litigated casualty claims. Proven experience negotiating claims and active participation in alternative dispute resolution practices. Experience with NY Labor Law, additional insured considerations and complex coverage determinations is preferred.
The position has the ability to be partially or fully remote; some travel may be required in the NY Metro area.
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.