Blockstack is a decentralized computing platform. It’s the easiest way to build decentralized apps that can scale. More info here.
Blockstack PBC, a public benefit corp, has a mission to enable an open, decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users by giving them more control over information and computation. Blockstack PBC has raised $75M in capital to develop core protocols and developer tools for the ecosystem. Being a Public Benefit Corp also means we have goals beyond profit, and that allows us to focus on universal human rights and sharing the value created in our ecosystem.
Blockstack PBC is headquartered in New York City, with a globally distributed team located across the United States, Toronto, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Gambia and Hong Kong.
We’re seeking a technical evangelist to drive awareness and grow adoption of our developer products. Working with the growth team, you’ll come up with strategies to share the benefits of building on Blockstack amongst engineers and app founders in the North America region. As an experienced developer, speaker, writer and community leader, you’ll be advocating for a new decentralized internet where users have fundamental digital rights, and a world where apps “Can’t Be Evil”. In this role, you will work closely with developer communities to promote development of apps in the Blockstack ecosystem and grow our open source community.
You you'll do:
• Grow community of developers to build apps & tools on top of our platform. This may entail sharing technical knowledge and use cases for Blockstack amongst developer communities.
• Represent Blockstack at panel discussions, tech talks, industry and technology conferences and events.
• Serve as a major face of the Blockstack platform at community events. You will be the engineering presence at 90-95% of our hackathons.
• Create and nurture relationships with key developers
• Help drive strategy for deep evangelization into other communities of developers working on decentralized applications
• Participate as a leader in the Blockstack developer community
• Partner with our Digital Community Partner, Event Planner and communities across the globe to organize, speak at, and recruit for technical events such as meetups, user groups, hackathons, conferences.
• Regularly publish technical content: code samples, sample apps, webinars, podcasts, video interviews, blogs, etc.. Also soliciting and organizing community contribution to generating content above.
• Foster signups/trials, increasing our market's diversity and global reach
• Engage with developer community online, helping with issues they may encounter(forum, email, slack)
• Travel often(75% of the time). We expect you to be at at least 1 event every week.
• Advocate for developers internally and provide feedback on real-world pain points in the developer journey. Effectively communicate learnings and feedback from the field to internal stakeholders such as engineering and product team.
• Mission driven and passionate about decentralization, blockchain, open source, and digital rights
What we're looking for:
• 5+ years of combined experience in either application building, decentralization and distributed systems, and evangelizing other highly technical projects
• 1+ years of Open Source Code Compilation, Debugging and Customization
• Deep understanding of the technology and the space of blockchain, decentralization, and digital rights
• Demonstrated experience in technical writing in articles and solution references, slide presentations, technical demonstration scripts or tutorials
• Excellent public speaking skills with 1+ years experience presenting to technical audiences
• Diplomatic, knows how to engage on opportunities to align activities for mutual benefit
• Comfortable with ambiguity; ready to apply experience and dialog to clarify expectations on-the-fly
• Willing to travel 75%, discipline to work from anywhere
• Understanding of public-private key encryption protocols
• Experience with cloud storage(such as EC2)
• Experience working for a rapidly scaling start-up
• Active participation in Open Source communities, Stack Overflow, and open source software projects with 10+ contributors
Benefits & Perks:
• Equity and Stacks tokens (STX - are the native token of the Blockstack computing network)
• Remote workers can expense co-working spaces
• An annual $1,200 budget for learning and development
• Daily lunch (even if you’re remote!)
• Paid time off & Unlimited sick days
• 100% paid gold level health benefits, including vision and dental with no deductible
• Free life and disability insurance
• Health and dependent care(FSA)
• Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• 401k with 3% match
• Your choice of technical setup and equipment
• Public Benefit Corporation on a mission to enable an secure and private decentralized internet which will benefit all internet users: Blockstack Source Code
• Remote first team with HQ in New York City
• $75 total raised. $23M from first ever SEC qualified token offering in the U.S.
• 8,000 + active developers and enthusiasts in the community
• 300+ apps launched on Blockstack
• Work alongside leading PHD experts in computing
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Blockstack PBC is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.