Requisition Number: WALTE01938
Walter Metals is a leading supplier of tool steels for plastic molds, forging dies and other tooling applications. Our steel and aluminum are used to make countless parts for automobiles, aircraft, and consumer products. We provide the mold and die steel for many of the largest automotive, and consumer companies in the world.
If you’re an ambitious self-starter who is passionate about the metals industry and sales, we want to hear from you!
The Inside Sales Specialist/Product Specialist utilizes independent judgement and provides and responds to customers inquires, orders. This exempt position will be located in New Castle, PA or Stow, OH depending on the selected applicant geographical location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer inquiries, orders, and requests for information in a timely manner via phone, fax, and e-mail.
- Follow up with customers on all communications. Support with technical information as required. Work to upsell and cross-sell customers on additional Ellwood products.
- Source material for quotes and orders.
- Turn customer purchase orders into work orders quickly and accurately and submit them to Operations.
- Support the roll out of new product development and process technologies.
- Work collaboratively with sales, operations, and other personnel in supporting company goals.
- Participate actively in following and promoting the company’s values, mission, and safety culture.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
- 3-5 years sales experience in metals industry preferred.
- 2-year college degree or greater preferred.
- Knowledge of tool and die steels preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient computer skills. Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP Systems a plus.
- Ability to develop relationship with customers and vendors.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and results oriented, with a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong math and deductive reasoning skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities /sexual orientation/gender identity.