Maintenance Technician Trainee
Silgan Closures, New Castle Plant, is a major producer of plastic closures for the water, juice, and dairy industry. Silgan is searching for a mechanically inclined entry levelmaintenance employee to join their team. This position will train with experienced maintenance team memberwith the opportunity to advance to a Maintenance Technician Level 1.
This position will be a traineewhile learning all the responsibilities of a Maintenance Technician. Additional training will be provided to those who show the aptitude and ability to advance within the maintenance department.
- Assist with troubleshooting, repair, modify and perform preventative maintenance on all hydraulic systems, electrical units, controls, components, and related wiring with adherence to all safety regulation
- Assist withtooling maintenance
- Accurately use and read a variety of measuring devices
- Operating mobile equipment, including forklift trucks, and scissorlifts
- Reports any food safety and quality problems or concerns to the Plant Quality Manager
- Performs other designated duties of the quality system as assigned
Why consider working forthe Closures Division of Silgan?
The New Castle Management Team cares about our employees! We reward employees for their extra effort and recognize those who perform well and are dependable. Opportunity exists for those who seek it!
- Annual performance reviews and pay increases based on your personal performance and ability.
- Our average years of service at the location is 10 years!
- Know your scheduled days to work 6 months or more in advance
- The New Castle plant runs operations 7 days a week, 3 shifts.
- This position will work a 12 hour shift rotating schedule averaging 40 hours per week. 7pm-7am or 7am to 7pm.
- Extremely clean, safe, temperature controlled working environment.
How to be considered for employment
- Continue through this entire online process to submit your application. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Call our office at 724-658-3004. Follow the initial prompt to be directed to the HR department or enter extension 1988. If you reach voice mail, please leave a detailed message with your contact information and the reason for your call.
- Stop in at the main office of our facility at 185 Northgate Circle, New Castle, PA between the hours of 9am and 2pm Monday through Friday.
- Send an email to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com
- Mechanical ability with a desireto learn the unique skills necessary to maintain and troubleshoot injection and compression presses and otherplant equipment
- Experience working on manufacturing equipment and mobile equipment is a plus.
- Semiskilled in work as machinist, electrician, HVAC technician, welding, plumbing is a plus
- Good trouble shooting skills, ability to diagnose and complete repairs in emergencies
- Ability to take direction as well as be self-motivated and work alone under high-pressure situations
- Flexible to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Must possess attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.