Requisition Number: BOTTO01942
Are you ready for a rewarding and challenging career in the steelmaking industry?
Join us! We are looking for the best—those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to grow with our organization, personally and professionally!
About the Position:
Our Bottom Pour Setup/Steelpourer Assistants work in a challenging and fast-paced environment while safely loading cold . The work is labor intensive and requires you to work around extreme heat, on uneven surfaces, and to work at heights. The ideal candidate must be able to lift up to 55 pounds on a frequent basis and be proficient in the use of hand tools. Computer proficiency is required. Applicants must be able to work a rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays), be able to work overtime and shifts up to 12 hours per day when needed. Remote crane experience and forklift experience is preferred. Will be required to submit to a criminal background investigation. Hair follicle drug screening will be required upon offer of employment. Applicants must be able to provide a High School Diploma/GED upon hire.
About Ellwood Quality Steels:
- Family-owned business with long-range vision.
- The world leader in the production of high quality carbon, alloy, stainless and tool steel ingot.
- Unmatched commitment to our customers.
- Emphasis on flexibility, responsiveness, and problem solving.
- Continual investment in our people, process, and equipment.
- Highly trained workforce, state-of-the-art equipment and methodology.
- A manufacturing environment where excellence is an everyday occurrence.
Our focus at Ellwood Quality Steels is to create anenvironment of opportunitywhere you cangrow your career.Our culture values diverse talents and thecontributions of all employees. Our commitment includescompetitive compensation, support for yourprofessional growth, and a range ofemployee benefitsthat help to protect the health and welfare of our people.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive compensation with eligibility for Profit Sharing
- 401(k) retirement plan with an excellent Employer Match
- Excellent health care, dental and vision plans
- Company-paid Life, AD&D, and disability benefits
What You’ll Do:
- Set up molds at ground level and at heights.
- Perform minor repairs and cleaning of hardware.
- Assist with crane hook ups.
- Assist the Steelpourer during pouring of molten steel.
- Create teeming records.
- Clean out pits.
- General department clean up.
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to work rotating schedule (including weekends and holidays).
- Ability to work overtime and up to 12 hours per day, as required.
- Ability to work around heat.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to use computer.
- Remote crane experience and forklift experience is preferred.
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Commitment to safety
Will be required to submit to a criminal background investigation. Urine and hair follicle drug screening will be required upon offer of employment. Applicants must be able to provide a High School Diploma/GED upon hire.
Ellwood Quality Steels Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.