Human Resource Specialist
Join Maximus as the dynamic HR Specialist supporting the Indiana Eligibility Operations, a public policy program that changes lives. Help Maximus elevate the Hoosier experience and apply today!
Job Description Summary
Human Resources (HR) Specialist - will act as the day to day central point of contact between operations, project management and other key stakeholders. The Human Resources will:
Act as the single point of contact to address any questions related to recruitment, employment, performance, pay, benefits, expenses, etc.
Manage and facilitate all Human Resource related activities for Contractor staff, including but not limited to performance management, pay and benefit inquiries, PTO, workers compensation, FLMA.
Enforce all standardized policies including, but not limited to, attendance, PTO, and progressive discipline in collaboration with other stakeholders
Monitor and track performance of staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing human resources support including but not limited to company policies, recruiting, onboarding, providing employment law expertise, and solving employee relations problems such as investigations, mediations, progressive discipline, employment terminations, etc.
- Track performance ratings and compile HR-related statistics for assigned group(s).
- Update employee records with changes and/or corrections in employment status, including salary, position information, scheduled hours, and personal information.
- Assist hiring managers in choosing appropriate company jobs to best suit business needs; draft or edit new job descriptions as need arises.
- Collaborate with Recruiting team throughout the recruitment process; serve as intermediary between Recruiting and hiring manager.
- Communicate effectively with other Human Resources teams and departments as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- 3-5 years of related professional experience required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Experience with ATS & HRIS systems.
- Experience partnering/managing staffing firms
- Strong employee relations experience, including employee investigations.
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills.
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. Were proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation shall be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.