Rutgers University Correctional Health Care is seeking a Forensic Mental Health Clinician for the South Woods State Prison located in Bridgeton, New Jersey. The Forensic Mental Health Clinician completes specialized psychological testing and assessment of clinical needs of adult inmates sentenced to the Department of Corrections.
- Arrives at DSM 4 diagnoses with precision and accuracy through psychological testing and evaluation sessions.
- Provides crisis intervention, individual and group psychotherapy and psycho-education programming as clinically indicated to assigned inmates.
- Involves inmates and Department of Corrections staff in developing achievable and understandable psychosocial treatment plans.
- Advocates for appropriate resources for inmates based on assessed needs.
- Manages caseload demands effectively while considering both qualities of care and the security needs of the Department of Corrections.
- Assumes overall case management responsibilities for assigned inmates including coordination of treatment and liaison with community agencies; maintains appropriate inmate records.
- Demonstrates competency in psychological testing and in recognizing the unique needs and behaviors of adult inmates and seniors.