Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Chair for the department of Medicine at the New Jersey Medical School. Under the direction of the Chair of Medicine of New Jersey Medical School, the Executive Assistant provides advanced, diversified and confidential administrative and management support to the Chair. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgement in handling day-to-day matters on behalf of the Chair. Identifies internal matters affecting the department; conceptualizes plans, recommends and implements courses of action for the resolution of issues and the maintenance of positive operating climate.
- Provides support to the Chair and the Chair’s Office.
- Plans and schedules the work of the department to make maximum effective utilization of time,resources, equipment and material within budgetary requirements.
- Conducts research and studies on assigned matters and prepares reports with background material, providing input
and support for policy decisions and formulation.
- Coordinates projects and prepares correspondence, reports, and handles fiscal procedures for the Chair.
- Updates and maintains administrative policies and procedures applicable to the department to maintain a stable, efficient and cooperative working environment. Analyzes complex information requests. Investigates and develops solutions to administrative problems, identifies and eliminates unnecessary practices.
- Identifies departmental needs and maintains confidential files and correspondence.
- Maintains or oversees the Chair’s calendar, including meetings, correspondence and travel arrangements.
- Ensures that expenditures are in accordance with allocation of funds. Responsible for check requests and travel
- Oversees the maintenance of department records and ensures that files and record keeping systems meet the needs of the department.
- Composes correspondence; creates and maintains database and spreadsheets.
- Ensures efficiency of the Chair, such as originating correspondence for the Chair.
- Reviews and organizes incoming correspondence, calls, and paperwork to minimize the Chair’s time spent in this
- Provides oversight for special projects, including, but not limited to, Chair’s Office special events and programs.
- Serves as liaison with other administrative units of the University; such as Dean’s Office, Clinical Affairs Office, UH, Finance Office, Research Office, etc.