PAY RATE: $13.85 per hour (up to 600 hours per year).
Eligible part-time employees will receive up to a $3.00 per hour retention bonus for all hours worked from Memorial Day through Labor Day. For details click here.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve first aid, water and public safety, and beach, pool and bathhouse maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides water safety.
- Enforces all beach or pool rules and regulations.
- Maintains all beach or pool safety equipment.
- Disseminates information to inquiring park visitors.
- Performs basic first aid.
- Cleans and maintains bathhouse and plaza area.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age or older
- Candidates must be Red Cross (Lifeguard/CPR) Certified
- Ability to get along with co-workers, supervisors, and park visitors.
- Ability to distinguish letters and symbols.
- Ability to communicate using telephone, radio, public address system, etc.
- Ability to traverse sandy, marshy, or wooded areas with even or uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work varied hours depending upon the demands of park demands.
- May be required to work assigned Special Events, Weekends, Evenings and Holidays.
- May be required to adjust schedule to meet organizational needs.
- Ability to perform essential duties.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.