Country: United States (US)
Location: New Berlin, Wisconsin (US-WI)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Job Description for
- Perform analytical calculations to compute the stresses developed in structural and mechanical components of crane. Knowledge of different static and fatigue failure theories based on stress life approach is required to compute the allowable stresses according to industry standards.
- Evaluate the static strength and fatigue life of fasteners (welds, bolts and keys), shafts, bearings, gears. Expertise in standards like AWS D1.1/D14.1, AISC, CMAA and AGMA is a must.
- Use of MathCad, ANSYS, KC Developed Programs and other in-house built analytical tools to perform and present mechanical and structural calculations of crane components conforming to the specifications of NOG/AISC/ASME/AGMA/CMAA/NUREG/EN/KTR. Develop programs in MathCAD, Excel and APDL to standardize and automate these calculations. The ability to perform calculation is vital in order to validate a calculation using a secondary/independent method of analysis.
- Build detailed 3-D ANSYS models of overhead, gantry and jib cranes to exactly simulate the behavior of trolley, bridge and the complex motion of rope during a seismic event.
- Perform global and local buckling analysis of crane and crane components using Eigen value analysis, Nonlinear analysis and analytical calculations that meets CMAA, FEM, EN and NOG requirements.
- Perform optimization of bridge girders and other crane components subjected to various geometry and functional constraints like buckling, yielding and fatigue.
- Knowledge on ASCE, IBC codes is a plus
- Masters in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of five years of related experience performing structural calculations for steel equipment.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category. Konecranes, Inc. and its affiliates will not accept resumes from external recruiters or agencies without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission. Any resumes sent without a Service Agreement and Agency Portal submission with Konecranes, Inc. are void of any fees and free for internal use. All data protection laws are the responsibility of the agency.