Come join our amazing team and help us in our mission to help people with behavioral health and substance abuse concerns. We offer amazing benefits (Just ask us about it!), 180 hours of paid time off in year 1 and tuition reimbursement.
Harbor Oaks Hospital's mission for care includes:
- Respecting the dignity, comfort, and privacy of each patient
- Providing individualized care via an interdisciplinary team that values the consistency of treatment and unity of purpose
- Affording all patients and their families with a professional, caring, and safe environment
- Providing clinical and safety standards in order to ensure the highest quality of patient care
You will be a valued source of medical care and compassionate support to the patients entrusted to your care. As a Licensed Practical Nurse you are relied on to progress the patient toward wellness. The vision at Harbor Oaks Hospital is to be the preferred provider of behavioral health services, in Southeastern Michigan and beyond, by providing care to each patient as if they were a member of our own family.
Harbor Oaks Hospital provides a comprehensive package of benefits for our employees. Current benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Generous earned time off (ETO) program
Shifts are 12- hours, with shift differentials and rotating weekends. We have day (7am-7:30pm) shifts and night (7pm-7:30am) shifts available.
Provide nursing care and services within the standards and scope of nursing practice, as defined within the state Nurse Practice Act regulations, policies, procedures and protocols, as well as facility and corporate policies and procedures. Demonstrate a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Monitor patient health and administer basic care utilizing the nursing process within the LPN/LVN scope of practice in carrying out care plan objectives and goals.
- Role model expectations related to customer service and demonstrates a sense of urgency related to the importance of patient safety.
- Collaborate with others to ensure that patients' physical, biopsychosocial, age, developmental and cultural needs are met and when they are not met, acknowledges and works to resolve customer complaints.
- Provide for the basic comfort of patient, implement nursing interventions identified in the plan of care that is individualized to their needs.
- Apply appropriate interventions to progress the patient towards wellness and address maintenance of wellness.
- Discuss the care provided with patient and listen to their concerns. Report status changes and concerns to registered nurses and doctors.
- Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patient, visitors, coworkers and others involved in the patient's treatment in an effective manner.
- Provide for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
- Maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
- Responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient symptoms, responses and progress.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Must possess a current LPN license as required by the State of Michigan