At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career
This role can be based out of New Albany, OH. or Riverwoods, IL. .
Responsible for leadership on all planned activity on all platforms. Progresses to Subject Matter Expert for all platforms, to include supporting PULSE, DCI, and Discover Network business offerings. Pro-actively diagnoses problems through analysis of reports and alarms from system management platforms. Reacts independently and decisively within a limited scope of action to mitigate impact during both Discover system incidents and customer system incidents. Provides team representation during root-cause analysis and post-mortem review of outages. Contributes to quarterly, mid-year, and year-end performance evaluations for analysts. Schedules for all shift staffing monitoring PTO, Tardy, and shift personnel who work from home.
- Monitors systems delivering critical, core services including online transaction switching, settlement and fee billing, dispute resolution, file distribution and fraud detection. Performs daily activities, such as batch operations, starting/stopping services, monitoring traffic volumes, and performance.
- Analyzes and takes action to mitigate impact as a result of either company or customer system issues. Analysts are expected to work directly with customers to determine a course of action during outages and executes appropriate commands to stop impact. Analysts will also work with internal and vendors support teams to analyze and determine course of action during system events.
- Contributes to, and participate in, change and incident management process, including participation in system/application upgrades or DR exercises. Identifies service improvement or efficiency initiatives. Looks for ways to automate processes on a continual basis.
- Provides guidance to junior analysts as Subject Matter Experts in systems management and procedures. Contributes to quarterly, mid-year, and year-end performance evaluations for analyst. Scheduling for all shift staffing monitoring PTO, Tardy, and shift personnel work from home.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in IT Operations, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in IT Operations, or related field
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in IT Operations, or related field
- ITIL foundations, or related certification
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.